Looking at buying a WRX

This is a discussion on Looking at buying a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I was in the dealership today looking at a new Impreza WRX Wagon. Up to this point I ...

Looking at buying a WRX

Hey all,

I was in the dealership today looking at a new Impreza WRX Wagon. Up to this point I was looking at bmw's mostly as thats what I've always owned. However a freind told me to check out subaru. After test driving the WRX I was really impressed. Everything seems just right, and its very affordable.

Although I was wondering how reliable subaru's are. Also, is there anywhere I can get some stats on performance? Also, is there any notable performance difference's between the sedan and the wagon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No real performance diff between the wagon and sedan. The wagon does have a slightly smaller rear sway bar.

Cars are very reliable. I have had zero problems with mine since I got it in 01.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

bmw's huh? What kind of price range are you looking at? Did you check out the Legacy GT?

For the most part I think subaru's are solid as a rock. The 5 speed transmission design they've used since the 80's tends to suck a bit, but for the most part they build damn good cars. That's a good thing since their warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Biggest problem is having to fill up $3.50+/gallon of fuel and only getting 91octane. Other than that... Avoiding the 120mph zone when the road is clear.
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

I allready know about the gas mileage, when I asked the salesman pratically didn't want to say. However I'm used to paying for gas as my car right now needs 91 octane and eats alot of fuel.

And I did look at the legacy gt for a few minutes, although I liked the wrx alot more.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

The WRX is an all around best-bang-for-your-buck sports car! Good performance, nice handling, a lot of modding potential, reliable, safe...the WRX doesn't really exceed in one area, but is rather a 'Jack of all trades' kind of vehicle.

Many members on this forum have over 70/80k miles on their WRX with minimal to no problems...and that's just with the 2002-2005 models! There was quite a few improvements in the new 2006 models, including a 2.5L (as opposed to the former 2.0L) engines.

There's lots of useful information to be found on this forum, so you might want to poke around a bit, and definitely read the 'stickies'. That way you'll find more detailed information about the WRXes performance.

Good luck with your decision!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar