Dropped my 06 on cobb sports! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dropped my 06 on cobb sports! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cgilbane They were not designed to look higher in the rear....that is just how the fender is ...

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbane
    They were not designed to look higher in the rear....that is just how the fender is cut in the back...Are you saying the eibach prokits are more of a cushy ride than the prodrives? If so you mean more comfortable correct?
    Yes the eibachs are more stock like and soak up the bumps pretty well which is a tradeoff in handling. However, this car will never be on a track so I will take comfort. I realize the fender is cut differently in the rear than the front, but usually it is the rear that looks lower the front is higher.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

i like the comparo pic. very informative...
    My Jspec Wheels for sale

Bringing this one back....

Just curious.... those of you with the Cobb springs, are you running stock shocks and did you do any modifications to the bump-stops? I ordered my Cobb springs and am planning out any further modifications/purchases I may need to make. Keeping the checkbook and/or hacksaw ready.

I drive a few paved rural roads that are a tad bit rough and am trying to do what I can to avoid any bottoming out (ya, I know.... dropping it at all would be the first problem there).
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

I'm running on the stock struts with no mods to the bump stops.

Lately Iíve been thinking of changing the cobbs out for something else. The ride and handling is awesome on smooth roads but if you hit some good bumps you get jarred around pretty bad. Ride height is pretty low in the front. Iíve come pretty close to scraping up the front a few times. I donít auto-x or track the car so I think I may end up going with some springs that are a little more streetable with a little higher ride height. Havenít made up my mind yet though.

Well, according to UPS tracking, my Cobb kit arrives today, so I am gonna have to deal with it. At least I can say I tried and perhaps have advice for those later on down the line that are interested in lowering. And who knows, maybe it will work out. We shall see. Trial and error.... best research in life.

I read a lot about the Prodrives before deciding with Cobb. I am no performance driver and dont get crazy, but I do like good looks. The Prodrives just didnt offer the low profile I had hoped. The comfy ride sounds appealing but I guess there has to be a tradeoff somewhere. Having grown up driving rugged offroad vehicles and dirtbikes, I am thinking a rough ride is nothing new.

Once again,. we shall see.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS
    Bringing this one back....

Just curious.... those of you with the Cobb springs, are you running stock shocks and did you do any modifications to the bump-stops? I ordered my Cobb springs and am planning out any further modifications/purchases I may need to make. Keeping the checkbook and/or hacksaw ready.

I drive a few paved rural roads that are a tad bit rough and am trying to do what I can to avoid any bottoming out (ya, I know.... dropping it at all would be the first problem there).
    i am running the stock shocks with the cobbs. i cut the first bump stop off of my rears, but only after i was getting some noise over large bumps. this seemed to lessen the problem - but i need to pull everything out again and figure out what is going on.

the ride is fine on normal pavement - but a bit rough over large bumps ~~ but about what i expected...

i very rarely bottom out unless it is a huge pothole, etc. i did NOT cut the bumpstops on the fronts though.

good luck with your install!
    2006 WRX TR
    cobb sport springs / cobb catback exhaust / other stuff...

http://static.flickr.com/49/138745946_b3a485eccb_o.jpg

Pontiac Front End,,,,

Maybe you can Cobb to do something with the 'PONTIAC' style new front end! other than that it looks REAL nice.

wingless looks so hot man! nice car!

Quote Originally Posted by sekretskwirl02
    Maybe you can Cobb to do something with the 'PONTIAC' style new front end! other than that it looks REAL nice.
    Your just jealous! Of our 230hp, 202hp to the wheels and our new cup holder placement.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Aspen White 2006 Limited

Yeah, and while they are at it, maybe they can make a kit for the older wrx's that can get rid of the smiling ewok look. Or a spray that gets rid of the smiling teen behind the wheel.
    stupidman has spoken

Thumbs down you don't that it looks like a PONTIAC?

don't get me wrong-every else about this car and year rocks-just CANNOT get past that nose no matter how much i drink or smoke. i think the designers at SUBIE were drinkin and smokin when they conceived this. danielle

You seem to be smoking right about now. Set the northern lights down and try to include all necessary words to complete a sentence.

No I don't think it looks like a pontiac. It looks more like a hyundai to me.
    stupidman has spoken

don't get me wrong-every else about this car and year rocks-just CANNOT get past that nose no matter how much i drink or smoke. i think the designers at SUBIE were drinkin and smokin when they conceived this. danielle

no your wrong swirl. it actually looks like a suzuki. there is another post on here somewhere where someone posted thre two next to each other and they look exactly the same. so i will keep my smiling ewok for now.

a SUZUKI?

Yikes!! almost as bad as a PONTIAC...for a car that dominates the marketplace this new front end makes no sense whatso ever. I'ts like when you see a hot chick or dude from the back and then you see their chewed up face. HUGE LETDOWN. Thanks for backing me on this GING'

Stupid Man Is Right Also...

..But sorry about mey english..i am still learning to make it from Norweigen. danielle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast