Dropped my 06 on cobb sports! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dropped my 06 on cobb sports! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How do the cobb springs act as an everyday driver spring? is it too harsh? I am driving cross country ...

How do the cobb springs act as an everyday driver spring? is it too harsh? I am driving cross country in a few weeks and dont want to b uncomfortable the whole time. Are the podrive's less harsh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbane
    How do the cobb springs act as an everyday driver spring? is it too harsh? I am driving cross country in a few weeks and dont want to b uncomfortable the whole time. Are the podrive's less harsh?
    They are not harsh at all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you notice any bounciness like the car is under-damped or do the stock dampers work well with the Cobb springs?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

only really noticeable difference is on a big bump

anyone know about the prodrive's compared to the cobb's??

loving that drop and that 06 WRX!!!!!
    My future car: (one of these)
    -2006 Subaru WRX Sedan
    -2006 Subaru WRX Sport Sedan

Picture of my car ridding on Cobb springs. Been pretty happy so far.

I have been debating doing the same with my '06 but I need to mount my new 18x7.5 wheels first to see if they will hamper the drop. I am hoping they wont interfere at all, but we shall see.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

still wondering about the Prodrive vs. the COBB springs, any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS
    I have been debating doing the same with my '06 but I need to mount my new 18x7.5 wheels first to see if they will hamper the drop. I am hoping they wont interfere at all, but we shall see.
    As long as you have the correct offset you shouldn't have a problem fitting them with drop springs. The 06 sti comes with 18x8s stock.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbane
    still wondering about the Prodrive vs. the COBB springs, any takers?
    depends on how much drop you want, i think. i have ridden on both sets of springs...i would say that the cobbs are +5/10% "harsher" than the prodrives ~ and of course drop your car a little more.
    2006 WRX TR
    cobb sport springs / cobb catback exhaust / other stuff...

http://static.flickr.com/49/138745946_b3a485eccb_o.jpg

here is a comparo pic i started on nasioc and some other people added to - it might give you a good visual of some of the different drops on various springs:
    2006 WRX TR
    cobb sport springs / cobb catback exhaust / other stuff...

http://static.flickr.com/49/138745946_b3a485eccb_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    As long as you have the correct offset you shouldn't have a problem fitting them with drop springs. The 06 sti comes with 18x8s stock.
    Funny you say that cause, I mounted the new shoes last night and the clearance looks to be about the exact same. The offset was TireRack recommended and clearly works out. No rubbing anywhere, not even close. I just may crank her down a bit now.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

I know the prodrives are made by eibach and they are really good springs, but why on earth would they be designed to look higher in the rear??? The prokits look much better and is low enough for good looks while providing ample ground clearance for the snow and wierd inclines. Of course they are a progressive rate spring which gives up a little in the handling department for a more cushy ride.

anyways, the '06 frontend has definetly grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSleeper
    I know the prodrives are made by eibach and they are really good springs, but why on earth would they be designed to look higher in the rear??? The prokits look much better and is low enough for good looks while providing ample ground clearance for the snow and wierd inclines. Of course they are a progressive rate spring which gives up a little in the handling department for a more cushy ride.

anyways, the '06 frontend has definetly grown on me.
    They were not designed to look higher in the rear....that is just how the fender is cut in the back...Are you saying the eibach prokits are more of a cushy ride than the prodrives? If so you mean more comfortable correct?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.