my new 2006 si doesn't satisfy my need for speed
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my new 2006 si doesn't satisfy my need for speed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys ,I'm new to this forum so bear with me.I recently purchased a 2006 civic si which is quick ...

my new 2006 si doesn't satisfy my need for speed

hey guys ,I'm new to this forum so bear with me.I recently purchased a 2006 civic si which is quick and very fun to drive especially shifting at around 8300k but what i really wanted was an 06 sti. does it make sense to trade it in?i need to wait a year or so till i could trade it in. What are you guy's paying a month for an sti? I know its personal but i really cant wait till i get the car of my dreams!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by futuresti
    hey guys ,I'm new to this forum so bear with me.I recently purchased a 2006 civic si which is quick and very fun to drive especially shifting at around 8300k but what i really wanted was an 06 sti. does it make sense to trade it in?i need to wait a year or so till i could trade it in. What are you guy's paying a month for an sti? I know its personal but i really cant wait till i get the car of my dreams!
    you're going to lose a lot of money on your trade. with a $10000 downpayment you're looking about about $500/month, plus insurance.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure it would be a huge financial disaster to trade in a newish Civic for an STI, but if you can easily afford it and you think the STI will be worth it, then go for it.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I've heard Civics retain their value quite well... being that it is a newer car that has somewhat of a demand id imagine you being able to sell it for a pretty good price. As im sure you already know, the STi is in a different class of performance (and price)

Btw... post up pics of the Si ive always liked the look of the new style.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Civics may retain their value better than a Ford Focus, but you still lose more money on a 1-year-old trade in than you do at any other time in the car's life. depending on what kind of loan you got, they may pay off the loan (and you lose the down payment plus a year's worth of car payments...which means they've taken the car off your hands and you got nothing) or maybe even NOT pay off your whole car and roll the balance into your new loan. $500+ is a lot of money to shell out every month for a car. its probably even MORE now that intrest rates are higher.
    go f*** yourself

what are payments like for an sti?

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you paid cash for the car then it's a horrible idea to trade it after a year (Even if you paid cash you'd be taking a good hit). You will more then likely have to roll over money from the SI costs into the STI payments which isnt a good idea.

The only factors to weight here is would the depreciation value over the course of the loan be more then what you would lose on the car in a year when you wanted to trade it (and this depends on your downpayment mostly).

As for what people pay a month for a STI this would vary greatly because everyone usually pays a different intersate rate, has different state tax, and had a different downpayment. With that being said I'd say the average STI payment ranges from 300-400 a month.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i pay 478 now for my si and 150 for ins

i qualified for a good apr of 4.9

I Support ClubWRX
    Holy no down payment batman!!!!!!!

Oh and I'd expect your insurance to go up a bit with the STI. Not to mention your gas budget would need to increase.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

holy crap! you must have not put down a lot of money...look at it this way: every 1000 of your loan is about $22 a month...if you have decent credit and qualify for a good APR. so $32K plus taxes, fees, options, and whatever is about $36000 out the door....that's about $800 a month. subtract from that $22 for every $1000 you put down. don't forget insurance. sti insurance is significantly more than a civic.
    go f*** yourself

2500 was my down payment. i guess if its not logical for me to trade im going to invest on a turbo kit!

2500 was my down payment. i guess if its not logical for me to trade im going to invest on a turbo kit!
    don't forget teh BOV
    go f*** yourself

that doesnt make sense, i put 3000 down on my sti, with 4.9 finance thru subaru, im paying 480 a month?

I Support ClubWRX
    It is IMO just as illogical to mod a car you neither like nor own. You have a good car; keep it for a long time and just be happy. Enjoy what it does do well (e.g., running without the silly drama of a BOV going off, running reliably, running economically, revving high, turning in etc.). Maybe go autox it once in a while, but don't dump it and don't dump money into it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.