my new 2006 si doesn't satisfy my need for speed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on my new 2006 si doesn't satisfy my need for speed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by disillusioned that doesnt make sense, i put 3000 down on my sti, with 4.9 finance thru subaru, ...

Quote Originally Posted by disillusioned
    that doesnt make sense, i put 3000 down on my sti, with 4.9 finance thru subaru, im paying 480 a month?
    are you sure you're not leasing?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got my '06 WRX with 2k down and $409 month. Thats at a 4.8% APR too. Insurance isn't too bad either, $610/6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM623
    I just got my '06 WRX with 2k down and $409 month. Thats at a 4.8% APR too. Insurance isn't too bad either, $610/6 months.
    is this for 5 years? or more?

in any case the STI is going to run you about $10K more....so that's another $220 or so a month with the same down.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    is this for 5 years? or more?

in any case the STI is going to run you about $10K more....so that's another $220 or so a month with the same down.
    Yeah, thats 5 years.

Just keep the Civ, and have you considered maybe a used 04-05 STi or a new/used WRX?
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

For a moment there, I thought you said a 2006 sTi doesn't satisfy your need for speed...

Like others said, I think it is best for you to keep the Civic for a while.
    If your satisfaction is killing you on the daily bases, then you should consider an used STi or Evo in good conditions. WRX could be your choice as well.
    2008 STI (JDM)

2006 STi (JDM) Graduated

Renntech S-Class (USDM)

Quote Originally Posted by futuresti
    2500 was my down payment. i guess if its not logical for me to trade im going to invest on a turbo kit!
    Having come from an ep3, I will say this. After you dump $3500 on the cybernation turbo kit (and the essentials to run it), add in another $600 for the cat back, $270 for the aem v2, $700 for the jackson race header, and another $1200 for k-pro, you will finally have a somewhat fast civic. The problem will be tracion, as you will have none. All those guys/girls are spinning wheels instead of taking off because there is too much power at the front wheels. You might as well add in another $3k for new axles and uprgaded clutch, because if you do actually get traction, those things are going to burn out faster than you saved the money to replace them. If you want to go fast in a straight line, then mod the civic, otherwise, save your money for something has has much more potential.

BTW, I did love my civic and the only reason I traded it in at all is because I realized I could afford a wrx and it's insurance. Sinking my money into this car will be much more worth it. For starters, I can take just about any turn 10-15 mph faster than I did in the civic and be just as safe. (Oh, the beauty of all wheel drive ) Of course, "safe" is always a relative term
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    are you sure you're not leasing?

negative on the lease.

although, i am financing for 6 years

If you're going to get rid of it after a year, you are much better off selling it on your own than trading it in.

But if your monthly payments are that high for a civic, I would venture to say that you are going to be scraping bottom trying to pay for a STi.

negative on the lease.

i can't imagine paying $500 a month for 6 years that's probably cause i have no payments
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Keep the Civic and do some bolt ons. You'll be surprised what a few breathing mods will do to that awesome K20z motor.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

negative on the lease.

ah that would certainly explain it.

I was my figures were for 5 year loans.
    go f*** yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12