inbetween WRX and SRT4
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on inbetween WRX and SRT4 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, My name is Emily (i'm new to the forum) and I am thinking about getting the WRX. I ...

Cool inbetween WRX and SRT4

Hey guys,

My name is Emily (i'm new to the forum) and I am thinking about getting the WRX. I really REALLY wanted the STI but I dorm, and if anyone knows about college parking, they suck, and I don't want anyone f****ing up my $35,000 car.

So I was leaning towards the younger brothers the WRX or the SRT4.

Is there anything anyone can tell me about any of these two that might help me decide.

This would be my first kick ass car that I can play with, and I am planning on keeping it for atleast 4 if not 5 years, I know upkeep varies and all, duh, but for anyone who has owned either one, has there been anything that you just couldn't stand about upkeep or the car itself? was it that bad that you wanted to return the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    With the winters that we get, go with the WRX if it's your daily driver. The SRT might be a little faster in a straight line, but the WRX is an all around better car.

Edit: Oh, and welcome!

^^^ what he said ^^^

AWD > FWD
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

WRX is better. Nothing else to say

Oh, I suppose I could say welcome
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Cool

I've been hearing the AWD> FWD thing, and i didnt realize how big of a deal it is O_O

what about the handling... i have a heavy foot when it comes to turns does the WRX handle better than the SRT4?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well for starters welcome, and I'm sure since you're a female it's only a matter of time before the weird-o-s come in here...but for the most part we are a nice group of car folks....

With that being said if winter is an issue (if you live on a dorm then it may not be if you are from somewhere south) then I suggest the wrx. The wrx stock will not be as fast as the srt-4, but in any kind of rain or snow we destroy them. The wrx is more practical and can be nicely optioned. Also with the SRT-4 neon being discontinued you may have a hard time finding a new one on the lot.

As far as performance goes I'd stay away from anything high HP that is FWD. It is extreamly hard to get those cars to handle well and torque steer on the street is little fun.

I'd suggest taking a saturday and a friend and test driving both cars. I think you'll find the wrx, while slower, to be a little more "sportier" and also more refined. Good luck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by geeKISSexy23
    what about the handling... i have a heavy foot when it comes to turns does the WRX handle better than the SRT4?
    what j/k hells yea it does oh and welcome
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've been hearing the AWD> FWD thing, and i didnt realize how big of a deal it is O_O

The WRX can put the power pown better in a turn. The SRT-4 is no slouch, but when hard on the gas in a turn, the SRT will want to understeer.

i have a stage 2 wrx. and i drove my friends slightly modded srt4. it is a blast to drive. especially just flooring it in 2nd and burning out whcih i think is fun. but forget about handleing. or getting traction in first or second. but they sound really really nice and are go fast cheap cars with NO turbo lag. it has instant spool which i really like.

wrx. stock isnt to impressive compared to when its modded. do some suspension with nice tires and you will have soo much fun in the twistys. put an exhaust on it and a stage 2 map and you will have strait line fun aswell. in the snow its sooooooo much fun. and around here we get a good ammount of snow in the winter and rain year round. and you can have fun in both. srt4 cant do that.

plus there is relaibilty but i wont even get into that
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

I say go test drive them, you'll get a much better idea of the capabilities of each. Remember, opinions are like...well, you get the idea.
    I'm at Cobb stage 2 in mine and have more than enough power for "spirited" daily driving, and better handling than most, if not all, comperable cars.
    Plus AWD is amazing from a holeshot. Anything above 100 you'll have some trouble keeping up with highly modified FWD or RWD cars, but you'll own them out of the hole.
    Last edited by Kush; 05-10-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    New England F4
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Awesomeness... hmm

lets see what other stoopid questions I can ask...

Oh modding... i have modded my friends SpecV and I must say that "Hello everyone, My name is Emily, and I am a modaholic"

so pricing, i figure since the SRT4 is an american car moding a neon isnt all that pricey,

but what about modding a WRX? can i get it into the low 13's perhaps late 12's on a decent bartending budget?

and P.S. why is my IMG off? is it a moderator thing, i have no idea how to show my banner

Awesomeness... hmm

lets see what other stoopid questions I can ask...

Oh modding... i have modded my friends SpecV and I must say that "Hello everyone, My name is Emily, and I am a modaholic"

so pricing, i figure since the SRT4 is an american car moding a neon isnt all that pricey,

but what about modding a WRX? can i get it into the low 13's perhaps late 12's on a decent bartending budget?

TBE = anywhere from 500-1000+ Cobb accessport = 600. stage 2 = low 13's

www.cobbtuning.com
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are considering buying new, the 06 wrx has very little lag with the 2.5L motor. Of course it does lack some top end power, but it's nothing to laugh at in stock form either.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    TBE = anywhere from 500-1000+ Cobb accessport = 600. stage 2 = low 13's

www.cobbtuning.com
    Which would bring you to a Cobb stage 2 (downpipe and accessport stage 2 map), pretty much as far as you can go without a turbo swap with supporting mods. Far enough for a daily driver, if you ask me....I know some may disagree with me, but anything over that you're reducing the reliability of the car with the added power - at that point it may be more cost-effective to get an STi to begin with, because turbo swaps start to get pricey, especially if you start grinding tranny gears up. You'd be surprised how fast the car will feel with a simple stage 2.
    Last edited by Kush; 05-10-2006 at 08:33 PM.
    New England F4
    '02 BUGEYE
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    and P.S. why is my IMG off? is it a moderator thing, i have no idea how to show my banner
    Sorry, but we don't allow pictures in sig's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast