inbetween WRX and SRT4 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on inbetween WRX and SRT4 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AngelBoy better safe than sorry, there's not much room for "taking" a girl with a 99.4 in ...

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    better safe than sorry, there's not much room for "taking" a girl with a 99.4 in wheelbase.
    You make another great point for getting the wagon.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geeKISSexy23
    OK here is the kicker questions...

if i dont do any mods to either the sti or the wrx

maintence, the usual wear and tear stuff, is it a hellaof a lot more expensive for the sti?

well although i make good money, art students cant work alot, unless its on projects beyond projects... i dont want to spend 1 grand a month on maintenece like my cousin does on her G35.

or is it about even, (and no, i dont drive my cars to the ground i am anal retentive when it comes to my babies) because if that is the case, then of course im gonna get the Sti.

that was my main concern, pricer car, more expencive maintenence....????
    WOW

A grand a month just on maintenance? HOLY CR@P...
    Well, I can say and I think I speak for everyone here (I think), I have a 05 STi and I had it for 14 months now, and the only maintenance that I really have on the car is the regular fluid changes and stuff like that. I know that doesn't add up to anywhere near 1 grand. I see that as long as you take care of your Subie, your Subie will definitely take care of you.
    Looks are everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    You make another great point for getting the wagon.
    because women are only taken by real men, and real men drive wagons.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    because women are only taken by real men, and real men drive wagons.
    Oh I was thinking cuz you can much easier make whoopy in the back, but yeah what you said too.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin

However, I am sure that there are plenty of great SRT-4 owners (we have a few here) that are awesome.
    Why thank you!
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Did she buy a car yet? Well if not, here's my two cents. I had and was driving both a 2006 Wrx Sport Wagon and an 04 SRT-4 until I found a buyer for the SRT. The WRX is more refined, has great safety features, and has a great reliability record and a lot of fun to drive. The AWD kicks butt. The SRT-4 IS a blast to drive, if you don't mind all that torque and some understeer - I added Hotchkiss swaybars and strut bars and it improved handling. 2nd gear in the SRT4 was the sweet spot in my car (I had Stage 1 in it) and it pulls hard. All that SRT power in a light car requires you to pay extra attention to throttle control and shift points, but to me that was part of the fun - car control. The SRT4 is a powerful compact that kicked butt in its class. The WRX is a powerful and proven car and you can't go wrong getting one. My SRT-4 was actually very reliable despite how hard I drove it, and it had regular maintenance. If you do get a SRT-4, be prepared cuz everyone's gonna want a piece of you on the street and that could get annoying for some people.

Good luck on your purchase!

I dont know about you guys but i test drove both cars the SRT4 i test drove for my little brother cuz he could not drive stick and this was his first car so i drove it for him, i tried to drop the cluth and see how much wheel spin it had...OMG i must have stood there while the grandma in the caravan just zoomed by nothing like my old Honda Prelude i modded, once it got going though it hass GOOD Power good but lacks amenities, Rag on Hondas all you like but you would not rag on my Honda, unlike most of H owners mine was not modded for straight line but more for time attack and top end speed, i would keep up from rolling stops on any turbo car with 350 HP or less, yet when i test drove my new 06 WRX that i just got i fell in love, response is awesome little lag yes it does lag on the top end but i will fix that i am not a straight line guy but more of a handling and top end speed guy, all in all i would still pick the chinky eye WRX over O_O eyes of the neon SRT4

Ya, this thread is a blast from the near past, heh.

If she has an SUV in her garage, the SRT4 is fine. If not, and she was smart, she got the WRX for year round pleasure in all sorts of weather. Then again, maybe she lives where it's always bright and sunny. In that case, it's her decision.

Actually, be a sport and go for the Dodge Viper.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

srt-4 is quick, but its still a neon, and is ugly.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolas388
    srt-4 is quick, but its still a neon, and is ugly.
    *cough Ahem cough*
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolas388
    srt-4 is quick, but its still a neon, and is not that ugly.
    fixed.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

What do SRT's do while taking a turn? brake unless they want to understeer...What about a WRX? Accelerate FTW! (ok the WRX will still understeer a bit stock but that can be fixed with a few mods but the SRT will always torque steer and understeer because FWD+power=trouble)

Besides...nothing beats the boxer rumble and sound of a WRX.

lol srry about that. its my opinion on the looks i guess. but i agree with the dude above me

yeah the neon looks aren't for everyone, but i'm sure the same can be said for the wrx.

i think both are great cars ... just a matter of whats important to you. personally i think the wrx wagon is a great car, both for performance and utility.
    2005 Mazda 6 3.0L V6 5spd
    My CarDomain Site

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.