inbetween WRX and SRT4 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on inbetween WRX and SRT4 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Impreza > Neon...

Impreza > Neon
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geeKISSexy23
    Oh what about the warranty's?

has anyone had a prob with subaru fixing something that is covered under warranty?
    It took me a minute to remember this link (and am suprised no one else brought this up):

http://www.deniedmywarranty.org/index1.html

Don't let that discourage you from buying a Rex though. Subie makes great cars even if their warranty claim etiquitte is in the toilet.
    I would also say go for the STi if you can get it. I picked my 05 up in Feb. It had 9500 miles on it, bone stock. It got it from a very professional Ma and Pa lot up on PA, but I talked to the previous owner before I got it and he said it was meticulously maintained. I've had no problems and nothing but smiling fun since I've gotten it. I paid 27,800 for it. Look on autotrader and you can find all sorts of good deals. You may have to travel a few hundred miles to get it like I did, but it's worth it.
    Kudos on the ability to weld. You don't see many girls with that talent. Can you tig weld too?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

- with the kind of winters you get in NJ, there's no way you can drive an SRT-4 all year round. there's way too much torque for those tires to handle *in the dry*, let alone in the wet. The WRX is a dream in the snow.

- SRT's are fairly reliable. the Neon moniker never got a good rep, but people are running those things hard and nothing really blows up. also, the powertrain is a lot more durable than the WRX. People powershift those cars all day long and complain about nothing. Don't ever powershift your WRX. as long as you treat your car right, though, WRX has excellent reliability.

- if modding is what you're after, SRT's are cheaper to mod, and yield much more powerful results. also, you can mod them at your local dealership. if 12's is what you're after, it's much easier with an SRT, and you won't break any transmissions in the process.

- if you're keeping the car 4-5 years, though, i would recommend a WRX. it's easier to live in, day in and day out, much more refined, has great reliability, and excellent AWD in the snow. it also has a lot more character than the SRT. the SRT feels like a souped up Neon while nothing can touch the feel and vibe of a WRX.

- SRT is much cheaper to buy, own, mod, and maintain, and Dodge is a lot better about warrantee work. you might want to keep this in mind. the WRX doesn't get great gas mileage, is absurdly expensive to insure (especially in NJ!! ), has costly services at the dealership, and is more expensive to buy. not to mention that mods are fairly expensive. for a college student like yourself, keep all that in mind.

and you're right. geeks are sexier than supermodels.
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 05-11-2006 at 06:59 AM.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Peachypumpkincheeks

I changed my mind, I think you're more suited for an SRT-4.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Hi and welcome to the club...

Seems like we might be getting another female Subie owner. Look out Speedette

By reading the posts, it already seems like you are leaning towards the Subie already. Which I would have to say is a great choice. So the final questions that this posts is trying to assist with is either it is a WRX or a STi. Both are great choices and you would not go wrong with either one of them. You just got to take in to consideration on what you are planning to do with your Subie.

As for me, I was deciding on a WRX and STi when I was looking. I didn't really want to mod the car at first. Wanted to enjoy the car stock and see it potential. Don't get me wrong, you can mod a WRX up to and beyond a stock STi. But if you want to get it and slowly do mods, I suggest that getting a STi would be better.

As for me, I love my STi and loving driving her. I got her brand new from the dealer and I haven't had to bring it back for any warranty work. My STi is still currently stock, but still kicks all the ricers in my area. You can't go wrong with a Subie.
    Looks are everything...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal
    Seems like we might be getting another female Subie owner. Look out Speedette
    Look out Speedette?! LOL. What about 03WRX_YELLOW (Jen), Butterflie, amccrazgrl (April), blindladywrxsti, newlala...??? Roffles!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Look out Speedette?! LOL. What about 03WRX_YELLOW (Jen), Butterflie, amccrazgrl (April), blindladywrxsti, newlala...??? Roffles!
    Don't be mad Speedette, it is just that when comparing to female Subie owners on CLUBWRX.net, the first person I think of is you.
    Looks are everything...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Don't be mad Speedette
    Hahaha, I'm not mad, I just thought it was funny! It's not like I'm the only chick crazy enough to hang out here!

...it is just that when comparing to female Subie owners on CLUBWRX.net, the first person I think of is you.
    Awwwwww.......*WaRM fuZZiEs*!

*gags*

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    yep subaru makes good reliable imprezas
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    *gags*

another note: WRX paint blows chunks of donkey balls, and the body panels are extremely thin, so if dings and dents is what you want to avoid you will be extremely disappointed in no time. this is the only car i've ever owned where i didn't wanna "take" my g/f in the back seat or on the hood/roof/trunk because insurance would probably total the car.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Awwwwww.......*WaRM fuZZiEs*!

peed down yer leg again ??

*gags*

you told me u resolved yer gag reflex
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    another note: WRX paint blows chunks of donkey balls, and the body panels are extremely thin, so if dings and dents is what you want to avoid you will be extremely disappointed in no time. this is the only car i've ever owned where i didn't wanna "take" my g/f in the back seat or on the hood/roof/trunk because insurance would probably total the car.
    Back seat? What crazy @ss things are you doing that would dent the car by "taking" a girl in the back seat?
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Back seat? What crazy @ss things are you doing that would dent the car by "taking" a girl in the back seat?
    better safe than sorry, there's not much room for "taking" a girl with a 99.4 in wheelbase.

OK here is the kicker questions...

if i dont do any mods to either the sti or the wrx

maintence, the usual wear and tear stuff, is it a hellaof a lot more expensive for the sti?

well although i make good money, art students cant work alot, unless its on projects beyond projects... i dont want to spend 1 grand a month on maintenece like my cousin does on her G35.

or is it about even, (and no, i dont drive my cars to the ground i am anal retentive when it comes to my babies) because if that is the case, then of course im gonna get the Sti.

that was my main concern, pricer car, more expencive maintenence....????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.