inbetween WRX and SRT4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on inbetween WRX and SRT4 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Death To Ricers Are you serious? Well what i mean by nicer are the comfort aspects. Dont ...

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    Are you serious?
    Well what i mean by nicer are the comfort aspects. Dont get me wrong the SRT-4 is a good machine for the money. Just not my cup of tea. And to do like they tell you to do in high school with persuasion essay's (show the other point of view some) the SRT-4 does come with an LSD stock.

Thats an improvement over a GTI but def. not a WRX. But like its been said already.....just test drive em both.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

yeah i'm def gonna have to test drive them both this weekend.

but everyone i know is about to skin me alive if i pick up an SRT4, due to the snow and rain we get up here and the suspension aspect most of all....

so we shall see which one i just feel more comfortable with, but I will definately keep u all posted

sounds like a good plan

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    EDIT: I have seriously got to start reading the posts slower!
    Last edited by Death To Ricers; 05-10-2006 at 10:36 PM.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Welcome Emily!

What you have asked is a simple question, and yet 99% of the answers you will get are going to be biased (I'm not saying that they are wrong though!) but what can you expect? I think the bigger question is, what are your plans for the car? When I was looking for a car, I wanted modibility (SRT-4 & WRX good), handling (WRX>SRT-4) and the ability to head up to the mountain in the winter (WRX>SRT-4). Honestly, you can probably get a SRT-4 for less than a WRX, but I will agree with Speedette that AWD>*

I find most Subaru drivers to be more friendly and less "rice" than the SRT-4 owners. However, I am sure that there are plenty of great SRT-4 owners (we have a few here) that are awesome. Subaru has a higher customer loyalty rate than many manufacturers. I can tell you (as can Speedette) that used WRX's are not exactly a dime a dozen. Many only sell their WRX if they upgrade (Uncle Lewie??? BTW.....Nice STi!). I'm not sure that the Neon owners can say that.

Tranny issues have been known to creep up on the 02-03 WRX (Bugeye) as well as thin paint and the forementioned clock issues. Another thing to think about is that some of the Bugeyes are coming to the end of their warranty. While I have not head of this being a problem, AWD is more expensive to fix than FWD in most cases.

If you have the money, I would recommend a 04-05 WRX or STi. Subaru upgraded the tranny a bit, made a few cosmetic changes (Blobeye) and added a few more creature comforts as options. Like a sunroof, electronic climate control, and heated seats. Whatever you decide Get the WRX find out if it has been previously modded. You say that you weld, so I would expect that you have no aversion to getting dirty and you would crawl all over the car, under it, poke around under the hood to see if there have been mods on there at one time. If it still looks good, take it to a certified mechanic to have it checked out as well as a CARFAX report. Both of those last two may run you a little money, but well worth it for the peice of mind of having a reliable car.

BTW, I think this is one of my longest posts EVAR!!!!!

Must be the girl.......
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

OMG Skreekin Ur awesome

You answerd questions i even forgot to ask!

fantastic info, and if i get this one modeling gig that i have been working on I am prob going to go straight for the STi... maybe... still ponderin'

Subaru has a higher customer loyalty rate than many manufacturers.
    Def cant say that about Mistsubishi...

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by geeKISSexy23
    fantastic info, and if i get this one modeling gig that i have been working on I am prob going to go straight for the STi... maybe... still ponderin'
    If you can afford it, go for it. To get a WRX to STi levels, both power-wise and suspension/braking-wise, it would likely cost more than buying an STi to begin with. Also at that point youd have a heavily modded rex nearing the end of it's reliability in terms of adding more mods, as opposed to a stock STi at the beginning of it's modding capability. That's not to say that a modded WRX isn't enough, it is - but if you can afford the STi, there's no question IMHO.

Just my .o2
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

the only think that i have the prob with as far as gettin the STi is that I dorm.

and for those of you who have ever *****ed about college parking... yeah i dont want dents and dings like a mother f****r on my 35,000 car ya know?

plus i was thinking about gettin a used STi and everyone said "I'LL KILL YOU, because people beat up on the STi's thats what its for, and more than likely ur engine will blow up about 2 months after getting it"

what are you guy's and girlie's opinions on getting a "cert used" STi?
    should i or shouldn't i?

would the maintance be more, less or even with a reg WRX (not talking about modding but just standard maintenence that goes with wear and tear?

Sti's are tougher than most people think. They can take quite the beating, especially since they have forged internal(forged rods at least) and other things such as sodium filled valves(whatever that does), and a super tough tranny. If you found a certified one with low miles and stock, I would not worry about it breaking. Because after all it is a Subaru!!! Oh and yes Subaru owners are very loyal, I just bought my family's 5th, (we currently own three impreza's, dad=sti, sister=2.5RS, and I have a 2.5RS) Subaru today. 2006 Sport Wagon, pick it up Sunday!!! That might sound confusing, it is late. Good luck! Oh and standard wear and tare with all of our Subarus we had one 02 sensor quit working, but it was under warranty, other wise nothing else!
    Last edited by tayhadar1; 05-10-2006 at 11:35 PM.

as for LOW MILES... what would be considered safe?

under 20k? under 10k?

welcome.

i say screw it and buy an sti.

thats what i did

Man you reply quick!
    well for an 04 or an 05 I would say that would be good range. But 30 thousand or as high as 40 wouldn't be bad. IMO, plus I added more to the above post.

Awesome thanks hun!

subies will last you way over 100k if you treat them right. You can still find '04's with under 20k on them.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasVulnero
    and dont forget what a SRT-4 is at heart.... a Neon
    as opposed to an imprezza...? they are both good cars. Drive em both; get the one you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.