Easy to screw up these cars?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Easy to screw up these cars? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I'm lookin to buy a new Rex in a few months. I'm new to these cars and to modding. ...

Easy to screw up these cars?

Hey, I'm lookin to buy a new Rex in a few months. I'm new to these cars and to modding. I'd like to do some basic mods (exhaust, boost control, BOV, etc) but am a little afraid because it will be a learning experience for me. Just wondering, is it easy to destroy parts doin these types of things if you get it wrong? Im easy on my cars driving wise and always keep up on maintenance. I won't push it till I know its ok to

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe your first step should be searching a bit and looking at the stickies...definitely look up BOV and boost controlers. You might be surprised at what you find.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I've been doin some diggin in these forums for a while. I'm understanding some of what it takes to accomplish these things but can't really grasp how touchy it is before I try myself. Don't wanna get in over my head thinkin it doesn't sound too hard and then blow up then engine when i test it.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    If you plan on putting a boost controller and a BOV on the car, then yes, they're easy to screw up.

Try this thread first:

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Here are some links I suggest you check out ASAP!!!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

BOV + MBC/EBC + YOU = Kaboom!

Maybe this is what you were looking for? Clicky
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

That NASIOC link is exactly what i've been looking for, thank you much . But, why did you link me to a Vtech site? lol. Hondas are bad, cheap and crappy, IMO

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by epearson
    But, why did you link me to a Vtech site? lol. Hondas are bad, cheap and crappy, IMO
    Because if you were going to blow up a car, I'd rather have it be a Honda!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Because if you were going to blow up a car, I'd rather have it be a Honda!
    +99999999999
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by epearson
    Hey, I'm lookin to buy a new Rex in a few months. I'm new to these cars and to modding. I'd like to do some basic mods (exhaust, boost control, BOV, etc) but am a little afraid because it will be a learning experience for me. Just wondering, is it easy to destroy parts doin these types of things if you get it wrong? Im easy on my cars driving wise and always keep up on maintenance. I won't push it till I know its ok to

"Cars don't screw up. People do!"
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

By all means you're correct, I'm not trying to pre-blame the car for anything. Just wondering how touchy these mods are And, yes, I'd rather blow up a Honda too lol. That's not hard to do. If I had the money I'd buy one to practice on. Thx for the replies

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.