Test Drive

This is a discussion on Test Drive within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I just got back from the stealership and I loved the test drive. Not to mention the salesmen weren't ...

Test Drive

Well I just got back from the stealership and I loved the test drive. Not to mention the salesmen weren't pushy (Southern States Subaru in Raleigh, NC), which is an added plus. The only thing I didn't like about the WRX is the shifter. Compared to my GTI the shifter is a little looser. But keep in mind my GTI has a $200 short shifter. And I remember last year I test drove a GTI and WRX back to back and the shifter for the WRX was a lot tighter stock than the GTI. So I guess my question is, after all this rambling, what short shifter do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something that's going to make it bolt-action accurate. Ease of installation isn't as biggy as long as I can do all the work with some jack stands and basic mechanic's tools. And be able to undo anything I did.

Also, the Rex (feels good just saying that) I'm looking at is the '06 Blue WRX with the Limited Package. I love the blue but im now leaning towards the Steel Gray or Black. The heated leather seats are must though. I hate cloth. (my 300zx spoiled me forever )

Well enough with my rambling for me. Thanks for the warm welcome, and any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to have the car by the end of the week too, so if there are any Scooby owners around the Triangle Area of NC, lets get together. I'm a recovering victim of the VW community.

Thanks everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well a few companys make short shifters for our cars. Other then getting the factory installed option, I'd recommend Kartboy. They are top notch. Also if you are doing the install yourself be sure to get the bushings with the SS.

I myself am partial to the wrb 06 ltd sedan (as it's the car I own) and I can relate the your tranny gripe. The tranny will get a little more play in it as the car breaks in, but I am by no means impressed with it. The 1-2 shift always feels like I'm forcing it or something is blocking it from going in. Reverse is a nightmare 9 out of 10 times.

As for the heated leather seats +2.....I really enjoyed them this winter.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Welcome! The seat heaters are great. My wife loves them. Glad to see you on the board!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate