Car Quality

This is a discussion on Car Quality within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been reading a lot of posts on here about our cars and I'm starting to have second thoughts. A ...

Car Quality

I've been reading a lot of posts on here about our cars and I'm starting to have second thoughts. A lot of people seem to be complaining about clutch squeaks, rattles, etc. I have the '06 and so far, although with only 450 miles on it, I don't have any issues and the car feels solid as hell. One of the reasons I went for the WRX is because of all the stupid stuff going wrong with my Nissan Spec V, windows making noises, clutch squeaking (pretty sure it was the throw-out) and other miscallenous things that didin't really hinder performance but were annoying as hell. I really want/need this car to last (I did 46,000 miles on my Spec V in 2 years) for a while and really hope that it stays as solid as it is. I also don't plan on really modding anything in the car (maybe a CAI for the 50 hp and a BOV for the 'psssst' that surely bumps me up to 300 whp of course I'm just kidding ). Any uplifting comments would be really appreciated, thanks...
    '06 Blue WRX Wagon, completely stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The car should last you way over 100,000 miles if you treat it right, especially if you leave it unmodded.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

cars squeak its a fact of life, if unmodded you will have your car over 100k without problems. Congrats man, enjoy it...
    NO BUYERS REMORSE
    Stage II and loving it!

No car is perfect.
    -Bruce

Geeze... remorse at 450 miles? You should still be inhaling new car smell like it was a drug...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

remember- its still a sub-$25k car. Keep that in mind and it's all good. For that money you get great performance and utility. What you give up is some fit and finish...and PAINT.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've had my car for 3 years now,lightly modded,and no issues to report.Relax and enjoy your rex.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Peachypumpkincheeks

You just need to remember that people love to complain, and when we give them an outlet to allow free-range complaining (aka this forum) they will complain.

Of course no car (or no person) is perfect! But if you look around you'll see many, many enthusiastic, happy, and satisfied Subaru owners.

If these "nuisances" were really that bad do you think this forum would even exist?

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Good deal. This deifnitely made me feel a little better. So far so good, the car's running awsome (560 miles) he...
    '06 Blue WRX Wagon, completely stock