question for the mechanics out there . .

This is a discussion on question for the mechanics out there . . within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've got a '02 WRX thats all stock right now. if i don't think i'm getting 100% of its power ...

question for the mechanics out there . .

I've got a '02 WRX thats all stock right now. if i don't think i'm getting 100% of its power out of it what things should i look at before checking the turbo itself?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

compression in the pistons, cheack that everything is getting proper lubercation, and i do mean everything even te differentials and trany, sometimes a tune up dose wonders i have no idea what your millage is so its hard to say what year and millage are u at?

'02 130k

my car is an '02 and has a lot of miles on it (130k) but has been babied, driven by a middle-aged woman since it was new. it was her commuter car. does that mileage change how i should go about checking it over?

Do a compression test and a leak down test, that'll give you a good idea of the condition of the rings and valvetrain.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

if those tests come back with good results than look into changing out the trany and diffrential fluids and if u havent yet do a complete tune up its crazy how much of a change that can make