a few lil question that im sure are normal for a noob

This is a discussion on a few lil question that im sure are normal for a noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; allright im not new to teh wrx ive been in love with them since they were introduce. so i know ...

a few lil question that im sure are normal for a noob

allright im not new to teh wrx ive been in love with them since they were introduce. so i know about their weak second gear now my questions go as fallows
    1.what % of 02-03 models have the second gear strip
    2. im gonna keep this car as a fun car i have a 200sx for a daily driver how long will the second gear hold up for im gonna keep it stocki just want something i can take out on the gravel roades and back roads around my house on weekends.
    3. whats a good going price for a stock wrx 02 mabey 03 model with around 60 to 70K?

im sure these are normal questions but like i said im a noob to the whole fourm thing so plz dont yell at me too much

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    % wise, who knows. It is really driver dependant. How hard you beat on it and how smooth you shift.

For pricing, try the automobiles for sale forum. Ask your questions there as we have a number of dealers that monitor that forum.

Good luck!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

http://www.edmunds.com/ is a great place to get pricing, or NADA is good as well.

gear strippage is directly proportional to the abuse you give it. if you drive it "within the parameters it was designed for" then it won't strip.

I know people have have heavily modded WRX's with no problems.....just remember, its a rally car, not a drag racer...also remember that real drag racers rebuild their tranny after every race...and sometimes even THAT doesn't help.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

so im asuming the trany is notchy for a reason... to keep people from slaming threw gears if its notchy mabey it forces p[eople to take a lil more time inbetween gears??? am i going the wrong way with this?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXdreamin
    so im asuming the trany is notchy for a reason... to keep people from slaming threw gears if its notchy mabey it forces p[eople to take a lil more time inbetween gears??? am i going the wrong way with this?
    I didn't think it was particluarly notchy when it was stock...if it is, you might have a short shifter and/or harder bushings...that will definately make the tranny more notchy.
    go f*** yourself

the only one ive driven was my friends 04 wrx so god knows what hes done hes a mod happy person with no machinal sence at alls o w/e he dose usally fails and he gets it fixed and dose it again owell so if i drive it deacently meaning no launches and not powershifting or slaming gears like im trying to kill someone the car will be ok???

the only one ive driven was my friends 04 wrx so god knows what hes done hes a mod happy person with no machinal sence at alls o w/e he dose usally fails and he gets it fixed and dose it again owell so if i drive it deacently meaning no launches and not powershifting or slaming gears like im trying to kill someone the car will be ok???
    unless the person that owned it before you did those things, then yes, it should be fine...its very rare that a properly used and cared for tranny will blow up on you for no reason...
    go f*** yourself

no no no lol its not mycar its my friends. im still locking for mine i love the bugeye look, its just im being picky as to what i buy im looking for one that has around 35K on it and was a weekend car, just like what its gonna be when i get a hold of it. i was just wonderinf if it was somethign i should set aside money for in antcipation of it failing.

i was just wonderinf if it was somethign i should set aside money for in antcipation of it failing.
    when is this ever NOT a good idea??
    go f*** yourself

kuz its money that i could put into my mutual stocks for my retirement see i woudl have to re direct money that gose there for 2 months to save teh 1 grand needed for this fix if its not a nessissity then i dont want to do it

kuz its money that i could put into my mutual stocks for my retirement see i woudl have to re direct money that gose there for 2 months to save teh 1 grand needed for this fix if its not a nessissity then i dont want to do it
    ???

you can always just have an investment account, and pull money out if you need it...that way if you need it, you have it, and if you don't, its working for your making you more money, and in the mean time, you're making money on it anyway...that's what I do...
    go f*** yourself