From MR2 turbo to WRX...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on From MR2 turbo to WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone, My name is Tristan, and I just bought an 03 WRX to satisfy my hunger after many years ...

From MR2 turbo to WRX...

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tristan, and I just bought an 03 WRX to satisfy my hunger after many years of trials and tribulations with a 92 MR2 turbo. I worked for Thompson Toyota (very big supplier of parts for MR2's) and sponsered www.mr2oc.com. Good Times on that board.

Now I work for Fred Beans Subaru (parts) in Doylestown PA and after 2 years with out a turbo car I picked up an 03 Platinum Silver WRX. So here I am!

So umm, hi Im new!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forums!

I bought my rex from fred beans last october!

MR2OC is a nice forum aswell, I'm Project AW11 on there (Me and a friend are planning on buying an AW11 to mess with)

You'll love the WRX and this forum
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Haha I always end up driving my friend 91 MR2 turbo. It's fun around the corners. The back end seems to like kicking out a bunch
    Have fun with the WRX

Small, very small world!

Lee,

Very cool, so your not far away! We have a thing here with Subaru called the Subaru Mid-Atlantic Motorsports day that Subaru is hosting in Westhampton NJ (their main parts center) trying to get a cruise there...hmmm

AW11!!!!! Awesome, my boss at Thompson Toyota completely restored one from the ground up at Thompson Toyota...very fun car! SC...woohoo!

Yeah so far Fred Beans is really willing to go out for the clubs, I we do GTO's and other places, but me and my partner here are looking to sponsor this site soon, but this is my personal handle here so please mods dont boot me!

I really look forward to being part of the AWD turbo crew, whole new ball park then the mid ship turbo RWD.

thanks ch1nkv3nz!

Yeah they always are fun around the corners, i miss em, but i really love the Subie, very fun car!

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    Yeah they always are fun around the corners, i miss em, but i really love the Subie, very fun car!
    +eleventyXbillion112 lol
    I love my WRX more then the MR2
    Just beacause it's more fun for me to drive

I always loved when the MR2 completely lost control and it just pivoted around its own mass, but Id like some input from you guys on what 300hp feels like out of WRX, but I guess I should search it, but personal experiences of boost bliss are always cool.
    hahaha

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Tristan, and I just bought an 03 WRX to satisfy my hunger after many years of trials and tribulations with a 92 MR2 turbo. I worked for Thompson Toyota (very big supplier of parts for MR2's) and sponsered www.mr2oc.com. Good Times on that board.

Now I work for Fred Beans Subaru (parts) in Doylestown PA and after 2 years with out a turbo car I picked up an 03 Platinum Silver WRX. So here I am!

So umm, hi Im new!
    Congrats and welcome!!

My buddy works at Beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Congrats and welcome!!

My buddy works at Beans.
    Thanks! I really do feel welcome, lol. Whos your buddy and where's he work? Anyone reading want to go to the meet I spoke of? If your lolcal i guess, or maybe Ill post that in a regional. Yeah umm boost ... yes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks! I really do feel welcome, lol. Whos your buddy and where's he work? Anyone reading want to go to the meet I spoke of? If your lolcal i guess, or maybe Ill post that in a regional. Yeah umm boost ... yes.
    He's worked in the parts department for 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He's worked in the parts department for 10 years or so.
    Oh..... In the Fred Beans Parts Warehouse or which dealership, I might possibly know him
    And by the way the cat is hella cool!

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Welcome!
    Woaaa.. Blobeye Syndicate.. I take it that refers to my style WRX...

Now how would I umm, become..a uh...(drawing circles in dirt with toe) become eh.. ahh.. a uh member of such a society...i like that i really do!

AK Kitty,,,

We know Jim! That cat is too dang cool.

My brother used to hang out on that mr2oc board all the time. His username was Landjet. Did you use the same name on that board?
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.