06 stage 4 possibilities? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 stage 4 possibilities? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got my AP and i made an appointment to get it tuned at Agile Automotive Performance. They said it'll ...

i got my AP and i made an appointment to get it tuned at Agile Automotive Performance. They said it'll be $500 for like all of the tuning and two hours worth of dyno pulls, and a road test. is that around how much the tuning costs??? or am i getting ripped off?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    i got my AP and i made an appointment to get it tuned at Agile Automotive Performance. They said it'll be $500 for like all of the tuning and two hours worth of dyno pulls, and a road test. is that around how much the tuning costs??? or am i getting ripped off?
    anyone???
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

I Support ClubWRX
    You can expect to pay anywhere from 300-50 depending on your mods to get tuned.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Lurking the thread. Interested in the same mods on my '06.... and in MD as well, heh. Keep the thread updated as much as possible "06WhiteWRX".
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS
    Lurking the thread. Interested in the same mods on my '06.... and in MD as well, heh. Keep the thread updated as much as possible "06WhiteWRX".
    after AP:
    -17.5 lbs. of boost
    -250.8 whp
    -288.7 tq to the wheels

OWNS
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

when i got my UTEC road tuned, i was charged their labor rate - $70/hr. this is xcceleration, which supposedly is a huge ripoff.

i know dyno runs are anywhere between $100-$200/hr. figure two hours of tuning...makes sense.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

i just want to chime in here about the stock 06 IC... my bro's friend has an 04 and we opened our hoods... i wouldn't say the 06s is necessarily smaller... it seemed wider than previous years (left fender to right fender), but shorter (from front of car to back). i didn't measure it so i wouldn't know if it has less surface area overall. in the end it may just have the same area. anyone verfiy this?

btw, nice numbers there 06whitewrx... good to have something for me to look forward to
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    I would agree that the size is pretty close to the previous years, but as far as I know they didnt have plastic end tanks. I wouldnt consider plastic end tanks a good set up for a larger turbo pushing alot of air.

Here is a good post from a few months ago...

Measurement request: dimensions of '02-'05 WRX intercooler?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

ah.. good info to know. thanks

i also read (can't locate it right now) that subaru says the 06s hood is set up that air flows better over the IC than previous years which allowed them to make the scoop smaller. perhaps, despite the smaller IC, its yeilding the same cooling as the previous years.

anyway, i also would not want to run bigger turbos on the stock IC... 06whitewrx, keep updating as you're providing us 06s with good test info heheh.
    Last edited by drummerboy; 05-25-2006 at 08:59 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    06whitewrx, keep updating as you're providing us 06s with good test info heheh.
    +1

Work bonus is coming in a week and its looking extremely promising. My '06 is itching to add more than just aftermarket wheels.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

06white wrx, after going stage 2, do you get any boost creep? i heard on the other forums that a TBE on the 2.5L engine causes boost creep. Those people have to either get their wastegate ported, or get a bigger turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggles
    06white wrx, after going stage 2, do you get any boost creep? i heard on the other forums that a TBE on the 2.5L engine causes boost creep. Those people have to either get their wastegate ported, or get a bigger turbo.
    no problems so far
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

not sure if it's been mentioned but, the injectors in the 06 WRX are the same as the STI's..

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Spaulding
    not sure if it's been mentioned but, the injectors in the 06 WRX are the same as the STI's..
    so if im planning of getting a larger turbo, all i need to upgrade is the fuel pump,and larger intercooler right?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    so if im planning of getting a larger turbo, all i need to upgrade is the fuel pump,and larger intercooler right?

Not 100% but I was reading on nasioc you don't even need the fuel pump.. I'll try to find the thread.. Yeah fuel pump sounds optional, here's the thread:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993488
    Last edited by Cpt Spaulding; 06-05-2006 at 02:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.