06 stage 4 possibilities? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 stage 4 possibilities? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would stop buying stuff until you understand what you are doing. Try actually reading about the AP on www.cobbtuning.com ...

I would stop buying stuff until you understand what you are doing. Try actually reading about the AP on www.cobbtuning.com for starters.

You need to do much more research before just throwing random parts at your car.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have a TBE then just get the AP download the map for stg 2 (probaly want to use 93 oct map). Flash that map on your stock ecu and you'll be at stg 2. At this point no other mods are needed.

If you wanted to go a level higher then that you could get a sti TMIC and get a protune. Agile can do protunes and can draw good numbers from a stg 2.

I guess we'll start from the beggining through once again. What are you goals for your vehicle?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    If you have a TBE then just get the AP download the map for stg 2 (probaly want to use 93 oct map). Flash that map on your stock ecu and you'll be at stg 2. At this point no other mods are needed.

If you wanted to go a level higher then that you could get a sti TMIC and get a protune. Agile can do protunes and can draw good numbers from a stg 2.

I guess we'll start from the beggining through once again. What are you goals for your vehicle?
    so far stage 2.
    then some new tires,
    after that cobb stage 1 suspension,
    and the rest of my power upgrades.... just like a good nice fast daily driver car.
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

I Support ClubWRX
    That sounds good, after getting your TBE and AP flashed, tires would be next. After tires I'd look into some suspension (springs and sway bars/endlinks). From there I'd focus on the brakes as they have alot of room for improvement (ss lines, good pads, a fluid change). You'll have yourself a well rounded street car, and have a great platform to upgrade your turbo down the road.

That sounds good, after getting your TBE and AP flashed, tires would be next. After tires I'd look into some suspension (springs and sway bars/endlinks). From there I'd focus on the brakes as they have alot of room for improvement (ss lines, good pads, a fluid change). You'll have yourself a well rounded street car, and have a great platform to upgrade your turbo down the road.
    yeah i already got some springs, so the cobb stage 1 suspension should put me at stage 2 suspension. after that maybe like pulleys and some drive train upgrades. are the brakes a big deal?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

dont have much cosmetic mods in mind. keepin it a sleeper from the outside.
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

TXS Stage 1 ~ UTEC.
    TXS Stage 2 ~ Stage 1 + TBE
    TXS Stage 3 ~ Stage 2 + up + IC
    TXS Stage 4 ~ Stage 3 + turbo, fuel pump, injectors

Cobb Stage 1 ~ AP
    Cobb Stage 2 ~ Stage 1 + TBE + up
    Cobb Stage 2.5 ~ Stage 2 + turbo, fuel pump, injectors

keep in mind this is pre - '06. you probably wouldn't need bigger injectors if you have the 06.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    TXS Stage 1 ~ UTEC.
    TXS Stage 2 ~ Stage 1 + TBE
    TXS Stage 3 ~ Stage 2 + up + IC
    TXS Stage 4 ~ Stage 3 + turbo, fuel pump, injectors

Cobb Stage 1 ~ AP
    Cobb Stage 2 ~ Stage 1 + TBE + up
    Cobb Stage 2.5 ~ Stage 2 + turbo, fuel pump, injectors

keep in mind this is pre - '06. you probably wouldn't need bigger injectors if you have the 06.
    since im going Cobb... when should i get the intercooler? probably before the turbo right?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    since im going Cobb... when should i get the intercooler? probably before the turbo right?
    some people on this board have run TXS Stage 4 without an intercooler, and even TXS has it as an option. so technically, you can run Cobb 2.5 w/out an intercooler as long as you're not boosting too high. upgraded intercoolers are for large amounts of boost.

however, be careful: "large amounts of boost" is relative, and you might want to check with a few Cobb 2.5 owners and ask them directly.

some people on this board have run TXS Stage 4 without an intercooler, and even TXS has it as an option. so technically, you can run Cobb 2.5 w/out an intercooler as long as you're not boosting too high. upgraded intercoolers are for large amounts of boost.

however, be careful: "large amounts of boost" is relative, and you might want to check with a few Cobb 2.5 owners and ask them directly.

would u say getting an intercooler would be safer?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

I Support ClubWRX
    You will NOT want to run any larger turbo with the stock 06 intercooler. The stock IC has plastic end tanks, something to think about besides how small the thing is. Large amount of boost from a larger turbo could be pretty bad.

And IMHO if you have stg 2 power then you need some better brakes. Doesnt matter how quick you can hit 100, it will all be ruined if you cant stop from 100 quickly.

You will NOT want to run any larger turbo with the stock 06 intercooler. The stock IC has plastic end tanks, something to think about besides how small the thing is. Large amount of boost from a larger turbo could be pretty bad.

And IMHO if you have stg 2 power then you need some better brakes. Doesnt matter how quick you can hit 100, it will all be ruined if you cant stop from 100 quickly.
    yeah thats right, maybe ill get brakes, and some suspension and drivetrain mods before i do any other stage upgrades.
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

You will NOT want to run any larger turbo with the stock 06 intercooler.
    although i personally wouldn't do it either, it has been done to a great extent in the past.

although i personally wouldn't do it either, it has been done to a great extent in the past.
    06 has a different IC than 02-05.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    06 has a different IC than 02-05.
    ill probably switch it out w/ an aftermarket front mount
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.