06 stage 4 possibilities? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 stage 4 possibilities? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TOOFAST88 You should really do it all at once. Turbo + intercooler + injectors + fuel pump. ...

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    You should really do it all at once. Turbo + intercooler + injectors + fuel pump. Minus the fuel pump if you're sticking with Cobb.
    ok i got it now, thanx alot evryone i understand alot better now... would it be harmfull if i didnt get it all th the same time?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Here are the map notes from COBB's web site.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/access...20ProTUNER.pdf
    http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/access...20ProTUNER.pdf

And unless you are going 20g or bigger you don't need the injectors and with a 20g you only really need them if you are having it tuned aggresively. And +1 on doing it all at the same time so you only need one tune.
    ok so after each mod after u get ur car tuned with the right mad from like my AP i need to get a new tune. got it. its just better and i get y now
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

Your car needs to be tuned for your mods to get full performance out of them and for safety. If your mods match the mods for a COBB map then you can run that map as your tune. If your mods don't match a COBB map then you need to get your car tuned for your mods.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Your car needs to be tuned for your mods to get full performance out of them and for safety. If your mods match the mods for a COBB map then you can run that map as your tune. If your mods don't match a COBB map then you need to get your car tuned for your mods.
    so the cobb map might not be able to tune all the mods that i listed?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are in Gaithersburg then I'd recommend either stopping by Turbo XS's shop, or Andrewtech. Both of these companies are very knowledagable and can help you with what you plan on doing. If you are on the stock turbo there is really no point in upgrading fuel pump or injectors. And unless you can pick up an STI IC for cheap I wouldnt touch the IC either.

Basically take a hour of time and visit on of those two shops. Explain to them what you want your car to do (be a good street setup, autox, or a trackday car) and they can guide you in the right direction much better then we can over the computer. Good luck .

Quick Edit: I just re-read your post and you stated you had an AP on order already. If that's the case I'd stop by Andrewtech for information and also speak with Agile Auto out of Cockeysville. I wouldnt go to Turbo XS with my AP since they make/sell Utec. Good luck once again.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteWRX
    so the cobb map might not be able to tune all the mods that i listed?
    The COBB map wouldn't take advantage of the FMIC or the injectors since it is tuned for a TMIC and stock injectors. If you are planning on using the VF39 or 18g it would probably be compatible though, but a custom tune would yield much better results.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    If you are in Gaithersburg then I'd recommend either stopping by Turbo XS's shop, or Andrewtech. Both of these companies are very knowledagable and can help you with what you plan on doing. If you are on the stock turbo there is really no point in upgrading fuel pump or injectors. And unless you can pick up an STI IC for cheap I wouldnt touch the IC either.

Basically take a hour of time and visit on of those two shops. Explain to them what you want your car to do (be a good street setup, autox, or a trackday car) and they can guide you in the right direction much better then we can over the computer. Good luck .

Quick Edit: I just re-read your post and you stated you had an AP on order already. If that's the case I'd stop by Andrewtech for information and also speak with Agile Auto out of Cockeysville. I wouldnt go to Turbo XS with my AP since they make/sell Utec. Good luck once again.

well i ordered it, its on its way
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

Cobb does NOT have a stage 3 map. If you include a TMIC w/ your stage 2 mods then you need to get Pro Tuned (custom tune at a local shop).

Cobb created the 2.5 map which is basically Stage 4 but does not require a TMIC or Fuel pump.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Cobb does NOT have a stage 3 map. If you include a TMIC w/ your stage 2 mods then you need to get Pro Tuned (custom tune at a local shop).

Cobb created the 2.5 map which is basically Stage 4 but does not require a TMIC or Fuel pump.
    but wqould i have to switch out my AP to get like an Ecu tec?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

but wqould i have to switch out my AP to get like an Ecu tec?
    No, you can just get a protune at any shop that uses the Cobb software.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

or would the pro tune solve all my problems?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    No, you can just get a protune at any shop that uses the Cobb software.
    perfect, gocha
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

perfect, gocha
    Yea the Cobb Accessport is the device that you use to reflash the car. Cobb gives you for free certain maps that are for stage 1 - 2.5. If you want a more aggresive tune, or one for different parts then you go to a certified Pro Tuner (like TDC Tuning in Concord, NH www.tdctuning.com).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Yea the Cobb Accessport is the device that you use to reflash the car. Cobb gives you for free certain maps that are for stage 1 - 2.5. If you want a more aggresive tune, or one for different parts then you go to a certified Pro Tuner (like TDC Tuning in Concord, NH www.tdctuning.com).

ok that helps alot, deff alot clearer.

when i 1st get my AP i have to take it to get tuned right?
    like to go w/ my existing setup?
    mods
    Hawk-Eye alliance #111

ok that helps alot, deff alot clearer.

when i 1st get my AP i have to take it to get tuned right?
    like to go w/ my existing setup?
    No, just flash a stg2 map (with corresponding oct.) After you get additional parts (ie. intercooler), then you should get a protune. This is why it's best to get all your parts installed at once. That way you only need to pay for one tune.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.