New to the crowd....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the crowd.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, figured i'd post up and say hi, now that i'm in the finalizing stages of purchasing my first ...

Registered User BoostEqualsLife's Avatar

New to the crowd....

Hey all, figured i'd post up and say hi, now that i'm in the finalizing stages of purchasing my first subaru. It's a 2002 WRX, previously [well still.. for a few more days] owned by Alex aka. turbo tecnica. I've been looking around these forums, and NASIOC, and from what i've seen, and from what alex has told me, you guys seem to be a lot closer knit, and in general, a nicer, more owner-friendly forum. I get pretty into these forums and communities, so im sure you new england people will be seeing a lot me at meets, and what not. I tend to go way out of my way to hit up meets [i've crossed many state lines in the past].

Not new to boost [previous, and current car thats being sold right now.. 325ish hp Toyota MR2 Turbo, as well as 3 previous Turbo MX6s], but new to this whole AWD thing! Pretty excited for all year round fun, instead of just summer driving

Anyway, just figured id start my subie life by saying heyy!

-Brad
    Last edited by BoostEqualsLife; 05-01-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    198awhp, 226awtq @ 11.9psi: Boost Leak, JNA Catback, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    NewEngland F4 // Granite State Subarus

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn a turbo hardtop??? Pretty rare. Anyways I just bought a 2002 as well, n I love it. These forums do seem friendlier than MR2OC (Ive surfed them for a while, my 2nd choice for a car was a MR2 Turbo). Good luck with your purchase and welcome!

edit - haha i just looked at your car domain and I remember seeing your MR2 for sale. Too bad about the wreck, would you have kept it if that didnt happen?
    Last edited by MarkF4E; 05-01-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF4E
    Damn a turbo hardtop??? Pretty rare. Anyways I just bought a 2002 as well, n I love it. These forums do seem friendlier than MR2OC (Ive surfed them for a while, my 2nd choice for a car was a MR2 Turbo). Good luck with your purchase and welcome!

edit - haha i just looked at your car domain and I remember seeing your MR2 for sale. Too bad about the wreck, would you have kept it if that didnt happen?
    honestly, im not sure if i woulda kept it. probably. I just know that there is no way that i can make it what i want it to be, and exactly how i want it, without spending insane amounts of money, and time, and just my whole life. It's not worth it to me, and i need a new project.. something practical, year round, fun, (more) reliable, .. aka.. WRX .

unfortunatly, its actually an N/A hardtop shell, turbo swapped. It would be sweet if it was an original turbo! Either way, someone is buying it this thursday, so that loan = paid off.. and god forbid i go a month without paying a car payment! bring it on bank!
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Good luck on getting your very own WRX!!! And this IS the best forum on the internet. Everyone here will agree with me on this one!

Oh, and once you've had AWD, you never go back!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

Good luck on getting your very own WRX!!! And this IS the best forum on the internet. Everyone here will agree with me on this one!

Oh, and once you've had AWD, you never go back!
    thanks! I picked it up tonight.. and already am absolutely in love with it. im already planning on attending 2 meets haha.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.