Getting out of 4x4's - Test Drive results

This is a discussion on Getting out of 4x4's - Test Drive results within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, Great forum so far. I feel welcomed. So, after 10 years in the 4x4 Rock Crawler scene - I ...

Getting out of 4x4's - Test Drive results

Hello,

Great forum so far. I feel welcomed.

So, after 10 years in the 4x4 Rock Crawler scene - I have just sold my last crawler. This weekend I test drove a few WRX's among other cars and wanted to give an unbiased opinion.

First off, the STI is my choice. My brother owns a modded 04 and runs 12's at 7000 feet altitude.

However:

1st test drive VW GTI 20th anniversary. Loud turbo, quick spool, fun to drive. The interior was very sharp and clean and very well built. The doors closed very snug and quitly and there were no rattles at all. Very fun to drive, braking was exellent, but the understeer was pretty heavy. The power was 'ok' but not breathtaking. I could tell with some heavy mods this car would be strong.

2nd test drive 04 WRX blue. I was very disappointed. Cornering was mushy and laggy, the brakes in a 72 cadillac are better, and the window half rolled down when closing the door sounded like the window was going to fall out. It was rattly, unrefined, and the GTI would have killed it. I was pretty upset.

3rd test drive 04 STI silver. WOW WOW WOW. Refined, sleek, powerful, braking was awesome, and it handled very well. There was quite a bit of understeer but as soon as the top of the apex was gone it was already grabbing again. The interior was a bit sublte, nothing special. The seats were very nice and held me in place well. I love this car.
    As soon as I find a 04 blue - I am going to buy.

Just though I'd introduce myself - My name is Dallas - and I live in Colorado. I look forward to learning all about the STI as I drive and mod it and hope I am not too old to get into this, ha ha ha.

My wife things the big wing is stupid....I love it.

Nice forums - lots of information - thanks!

utopify

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome!
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Odd that you had such a negative response to the WRX, but to each his/her own, I guess.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome mate
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition