Manual VS Auto.... how strong??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Manual VS Auto.... how strong?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so im stil deciding what exactly i want. how strong is an auto trany vs a 5 spd? how ...

Manual VS Auto.... how strong??

ok so im stil deciding what exactly i want. how strong is an auto trany vs a 5 spd? how much power can each handle. any advantages? i know the manual you could dump the clutch ar like 4k but how long is it going to last? i have read that the stock 5spd wont last for verry many 5k dumps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you keep dropping it at 4k, and you won't have much of a tranny left (auto or manual). do a search, read previous posts. the wrx tranny is not exactly an ideal candidate for 4-5k clutch drops.
    no, i'm not drunk, ociffer.
    i've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

a WRX is not a drag car, get a 5sp and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSleeper
    a WRX is not a drag car, get a 5sp and enjoy.
    +1 The RALLY INSPIRED Subaru WRX... It's not a 5.0L Mustang, it likes corners not stop lights.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    +1 The RALLY INSPIRED Subaru WRX... It's not a 5.0L Mustang, it likes corners not stop lights.
    +1 FO SIZZLE!!!

dropping the clutch on any car is bad. esp on a car with AWD! think about it...in a RWD or FWD car you drop the clutch and all that power will make those wheels spin. in a AWD car its purpose is to prevent wheel slip..so you drop the clutch on it..and the wheels dont spin...wheres all the energy going?....to the drivetrain! all that stress on the drivetrain will eat your gears faster than that 5.0 stang.... and from the looks of it you have or will have a bugeye..which is known to have tranny problems BUT only problems because people do not know how to drive them IE: clutch drops.

yeah..just get a 5spd and enjoy the canyons....IMHO it is much cooler than drag racing....

hope this helps...
    Last edited by TheFugitiveMind; 04-28-2006 at 10:51 AM.
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

^^ + to infinity and beyond!!

Amen brothers!

+
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

get the 5speed if you like driving stick shift and get the auto if you're like my Mom and you can't drive stick
    Last edited by dehnem; 04-28-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    get the auto if you're like my Mom and you can't drive stick

+10

thats kinda why i want a auto so i dont get any ideas about dumping the clutch. you know you wont really have to worrie about it. so the autos are strong though? whats prone to breaking on both tranys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye02WRX
    thats kinda why i want a auto so i dont get any ideas about dumping the clutch. you know you wont really have to worrie about it. so the autos are strong though? whats prone to breaking on both tranys?

thats a realy dumb reason for not getting a manual....

i got an idea you get a manual because in all seriousness your gonna kick yourself if you dont and your cars resale value will suck....and dont dump the clutch...its pretty easy to not want to launch...take it on freeway on ramps and loops you will love being in second at 2500 rpms and flooring it alot more than revving and dumping the clutch...

all cars are the same in terms of parts if you beat on them its gonna break maybe it takes less of a beating to break a wrxs tranny...but if you dont beat on it it lasts and lasts

as for the auto...if your doing the tranny drops or whatever ricer crap that is and break your tranny then ur a realy big tool your tranny will give out with time just like the car itself if you get the auto just make sure your at a complete stop before you put it in park....

just get the 5 speed...the ability to chose the rpms you wanna be in is so much better than letting a machine do it for you

ps: its gonna suck when a ricer comes messin with you and you know your car can blow it away but your auto is stuck in a higher gear and has no power at that moment and you cant downshift to catch up

ok so im stil deciding what exactly i want. how strong is an auto trany vs a 5 spd? how much power can each handle. any advantages? i know the manual you could dump the clutch ar like 4k but how long is it going to last? i have read that the stock 5spd wont last for verry many 5k dumps.

the auto wrx tranny is very strong. there is a guy in south oc that has 536whp with his auto. i could never have an auto though.
    Last edited by wrxaddicted; 04-28-2006 at 06:14 PM.

thats kinda why i want a auto so i dont get any ideas about dumping the clutch.
    um, or you can just NOT DUMP THE CLUTCH

Do you live your life 1/4 mile at a time too?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I agree with almost everyone here. I think manual is way funner than auto. You are in more control of the car cuz you know exactly what gear and rpm you're at. My first car was an auto and I knew that my next car was gonna be a manual for sure. If you like manual and then get an auto, I'm pretty sure there will be many times where you'll regret getting an auto. If you don't beat on the tranny(clutch drops/power shifting), the manual trans will be just fine. The tranny is not a big deal unless you make it, so I'd get the manual. Theres nothin better than perfectly rev-matched downshifts while driving through the twisties.

Manual > Auto

Accept it, believe it, live it.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.