Manual VS Auto.... how strong?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Manual VS Auto.... how strong?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TOOFAST88 Manual > Auto Accept it, believe it, live it. At this point in time, yes! Originally ...

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Manual > Auto

Accept it, believe it, live it.
    At this point in time, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye02WRX
    thats kinda why i want a auto so i dont get any ideas about dumping the clutch.
    But I agree with practically everyone in here. You don't dump the clutch on any car, doesn't matter how strong it is. Dump it too many times even with the strongest tranny available, it will only equate to a broken transmission after numerous attempts.

I still don't understand why you cannot decide between the two. You're worrying about you dumping it when it's a choice to make for anyboby, whether to dump it or not. I think it's a very basic common sense isn't it?

Don't get me wrong ok, just tossing in my point of view. But my vote will be on a manual transmission. I'm sure both auto and manual will have a long life with proper care.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 04-28-2006 at 07:16 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok so a 5spd sounds better right now... and arn't the STi 6 spd really strong? so if the 5 spd was to break then it would be an easyer swap then, a auto to manual... but it probably wont break for a long time.

it should never break if you don't do 5k launches all the time
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I just bought my wrx 2 days ago and i love it. I got a manual and its a blast to drive and ive never even driven a manual before this car. Ive been dumbing the clutch and gunning it when i down shift is that bad for it? Also whats a safe rpm to launch from?

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Ive been dumbing the clutch and gunning it when i down shift is that bad for it?
    yes, if you're side stepping it. Just let it out smoothly, without shocking the drivetrain, and you'll be fine.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I havent gotten my subaru yet, but when i do its going to be a 2.5 rs 2001 or below, whats the difrence in trans? Same as the WRX's? Also it will be my 1st stick car, hows the shifting and all> because i have heard that some cars are better than others. Hard clutch? Cluncky shift? j/w

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    get the 5speed if you like driving stick shift and get the auto if you're like my Mom and you can't drive stick
    Dude that's way harsh towards us auto WRX owners. Where's the love?

later,
    KrustyTC

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyTC
    Dude that's way harsh towards us auto WRX owners. Where's the love?

later,
    KrustyTC
    Fine I guess I should of also put: Get an automatic if you are missing your right arm or don't have a a left foot

just kidding man. Automatics are ok but if you are really looking to have fun with your car and live somewhere that will allow you to do that then please learn to drive stick. You owe it to yourself!
    Last edited by dehnem; 05-08-2006 at 09:12 AM.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.