Scooby_d00 here to stay
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Scooby_d00 here to stay within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey wsup guys. i'm new so expect a lot of questions. until recent i decided i wanted to get a ...

Scooby_d00 here to stay

hey wsup guys. i'm new so expect a lot of questions. until recent i decided i wanted to get a WRX 02+. i've been wanting one for the longest time, but never had the money. but with a stable job and with a loan, maybe i could finally afford one. so feel free to give me buying tips and advice.

i was wondering what was the difference between teh 02-03 and 04-06 WRXs? they all seem the same except for the body designs. besides that, how are they different?

thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

02 and 03 had very few differences. In 04 they changed the front appearance of the car a little bit. In 05 they updated the interior and made it look nicer. In 2006 it got another front end face lift and they upgraded many things such as brakes, suspension, and of course the engine. They moved from the 2.0 liter turbo to the 2.5 liter turbo, same as sti with less boost and toned down. Those are the basic summed up differences.

welcome good luck on your car search. be sure to check out the car purchasing forum for buying tips too.
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1
    02 and 03 had very few differences. In 04 they changed the front appearance of the car a little bit. In 05 they updated the interior and made it look nicer. In 2006 it got another front end face lift and they upgraded many things such as brakes, suspension, and of course the engine. They moved from the 2.0 liter turbo to the 2.5 liter turbo, same as sti with less boost and toned down. Those are the basic summed up differences.
    good post.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Welcome meng!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Definitely take a gander over in the Car Purchasing Forum!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

04+ got a little thicker gears and I think improvements with the some of the synchros too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    04+ got a little thicker gears and I think improvements with the some of the synchros too.

+10...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.