Finally arrived! Yes!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally arrived! Yes! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; EDITED: Took some pics after driving about 45 miles of my hometown backroads. "Peppy" wouldn't even begin to describe the ...

Finally arrived! Yes! (Updated Pics, 56k unfriendly)

EDITED: Took some pics after driving about 45 miles of my hometown backroads. "Peppy" wouldn't even begin to describe the get-up-and-go that she so badly wants to do...if only she had a competent driver and no break in period

---
    Well, after lurking on these forums for a long, long time, the car that I originally ordered last Thanksgiving finally arrived, and I pick her up this afternoon!

I ordered up a WRX Wagon, Steel Grey Metallic, limited pack with some other accessories, back on Thanksgiving. Somehow, Subaru of New England and Subaru of America didn't talk to each other, and the order went unfilfilled. After hearing rumors about difficulty getting this color/package in New England I called the dealer, and they had said they honestly have been trying to get in contact with SOA to see what in the hoohoodilly was going on with my car.

They had to reorder it...when they did that (Feb), I sent a very polite email to SOA asking to just give me some answers, whether positive or negative, as to if I would ever get the car. Within 24 hours somebody higherup in SOA called the dealer and said "we are very sorry about this whole issue. Tell you customer we are building one for him, right now, and it will ship April 15th."

Car arrived last Tuesday, the dealer got all the goodies insalled for me. While I was waiting for my receipt yesterday the General Manager came up to me and said "I dont know who you talked to or what you said, but thank you for your assistance because we weren't getting any answers."

My sales consultant also told me that within a half hour of that car hitting their inventory he received calls from several other New Enland dealers offering all sorts of things to get their hands on that vehicle.

Apparently Limited Wagons in that color ARE hard to get!

I will put up some pics eventually, but yaknow, a wagon is a wagon...it's grey and it's mine I don't plan to "mod" anything...I need my car for outdoor activity like skiing, mountain biking, hiking, etc...

Let the "learning stick shift" begin!! (Only done it once or twice before. This should be fairly entertaining)

Updated pics:

Last edited by Redthorne; 04-28-2006 at 08:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You handled that situation alot better then I would have. Sounds to me like you were getting the run around from a dealer dropping the ball....Atleast you got your car through....good luck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Peachypumpkincheeks

Congrats on finally getting your WRX wagon!

And I found it fairly easy to learn stick on my WRX, I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time (fyi: patience is a virtue!). Oh, and don't get the handbrake and stick shift mixed up! lol. Good luck!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Coongrats and welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Thumbs up

very nice bro...any pix??

Original post edited to include pictures...

Damn that looks nice! Keep it clean and enjoy
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Banned
    She's so nice, ahhhhchooooaccessportstage1justdoitoooooooo! excuse me! reminds me of when i picked up my wagon 6 months ago. mods? nah, never ;-) She looks great!!!

looking good!

Thumbs up

wow ............droll...................wow........... .....droll....she looks very sexy

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

very nice ... you should've pushed for some free stuff for the inconvenience! wagons would be even more sweet if they got the fender flares of sedans.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.