2 quick exhaust questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2 quick exhaust questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey gents - I'm considering picking up an '06 WRX TR, so I've been lurking the forums, running searches and ...

Question 2 quick exhaust questions

Hey gents -
    I'm considering picking up an '06 WRX TR, so I've been lurking the forums, running searches and checking out the online community for the past week or so. I have a couple of questions that I couldn't seem to dig up answers to and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction:

1.) I've noticed a lot of members claiming to have a Stage 2 Cobb upgrade, but go on to list a different company's downpipe and exhaust. Are most of you guys buying the Cobb Stage 1 software and purchasing your DP + TBE elsewhere, or is the Cobb software actually different for a stage 2 upgrade?

2.) I love the deep, snarly rumble from the turbo back exhausts, but am concerned about the noise level. Of the exhaust clips posted, I seem to like the TurboXS w/ high-flow cat the best. Does the addition of a high-flow cat to a TBE soften the harshness of the noise output? If so, I would just buy the Cobb Stage 2 package that came with a high-flow cat.

Thanks for your time, guys and hopefully I'll be spending more time around here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. its all about prefrence. thats the beauty of the compatibilty of our various exhaust components. for instance i my self ordered the Cobb AP, Helix DP, and HKS Catback. Its all about what you want.

2. A lot of catless setups happen to be really noise freindly such as Perrin, Fujitsubo, etc. But yes a high-flow cat will quiet your setup down lil bit.

hope this helps, manny
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

Quote Originally Posted by 02nighthawksi
    1. its all about prefrence. thats the beauty of the compatibilty of our various exhaust components. for instance i my self ordered the Cobb AP, Helix DP, and HKS Catback. Its all about what you want.
    Thanks for the quick reply! You are actually one of the members I was referring to in my post. So you did order the Cobb stage 1, and bought the exhaust components seperately? Cool, I'll check it out, thanks!
    Last edited by Kung Pao; 04-25-2006 at 05:06 PM.

There's 2 options:

1. Buy the Cobb Accessport, from which you can load either stage 1 or stage 2 maps, and get your exhaust seperately (depending on what stage you want to achieve)

2. Buy the Cobb Stage X Kit, which comes with the AP and the Cobb exhaust for whatever stage you want.

Either way, the requirements for either stg 1 or 2 don't change, just the parts that you use to achieve it. I think most people buy the AP and exhaust seperately. Personally, I put a full TBE on from another company, and then bought the AP, loaded stg 2 map, and was set.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.