not sure...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on not sure... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so im not big car guy. i dont know awhole lot about them. but what i would like to know ...

not sure...

so im not big car guy. i dont know awhole lot about them. but what i would like to know is if i was to purchase a 04/05 WRX would an exhaust make a difference in HP? and i am also prolly getting an automatic. i have no thoughts of racing this. i just simply want a nice car with good amount of speed and handling. but im just curious to what kinda of upgrades i can do to an automatic? does it make a big difference on things like what exhaust i can get? and any other mods i possibly wanna upgrade.

Thanks
    jT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jTe_WrX
    so im not big car guy. i dont know awhole lot about them. but what i would like to know is if i was to purchase a 04/05 WRX would an exhaust make a difference in HP? and i am also prolly getting an automatic. i have no thoughts of racing this. i just simply want a nice car with good amount of speed and handling. but im just curious to what kinda of upgrades i can do to an automatic? does it make a big difference on things like what exhaust i can get? and any other mods i possibly wanna upgrade.

Thanks
    jT
    Well, the automatic is a lot slower than the manual. Going stage two would be fast, but not as fast as a manual with a stage two setup. And yes, exhaust would add hp.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

The power gains from a catback are minimal, I think less than 10 hp. If you're talking about a turbo back that's completely different.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

just get an AP stage 2.. exhaust/downpipe and when you want to pass up some ppl just floor it

both makes a good point. i want a manuel. but i feel that an automatic will get me in less trouble / be less in matainance. does anyone know if the 04/05's come with a tiptronic shifter? on the automatics that is.

No tiptronic with the auto. I vote for the manual. You won't regret it later on.
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

Manual for the win. You'll thank yourself later
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

well im gonna go test drive some today i think. if i end up getting an automatic i would still like to upgrade it. i would plan on buying an exhaust system for it. a body kit, prolly go with the STi wing. i like that one better. but i guess ill just have to look more into them and what i can upgrade.

Just my opinion, but I think that if you get the automatic you will kick yourself down the road. Get the manual, don't beat on the tranny, research every mod before you do it and read all the stickies.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

The automatic tranny suits some people just fine! Not me of course, but it's what some people prefer.

In regards to your modding questions, here are some links I suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Sorry dude but I really think people will laugh at you, if you buy an auto. Half the point of a WRX is the shifting. Also you will kill the resale interest of the car.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by afbluesv1k
    Sorry dude but I really think people will laugh at you, if you buy an auto. Half the point of a WRX is the shifting. Also you will kill the resale interest of the car.
    Just remember, several members here with amazing WRXes drive automatics!!! Even the member with the arguabley 'best looking bugeye WRX' (Verdugo aka Armin)...his is an auto!

Also it won't necessarily kill the resale interest of the vehicle, because you have to remember: automatic trannies are actually the rarer variety of WRX, therefore they are usually more expensive. Furthermore, automatic is still preffered by 90% of the (uneducated) public! Therefore, it pretty much evens out the resale value.

On the other hand: Everyone here convinced me to go for the manual, even though I didn't know how to drive stick. I really took their opinions into consideration and went with the manual! And honestly, I would have regretted getting an automatic!

Go for the manual, like everyone else said you won't regret it.

You drive a manual car, an automatic drives you
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    You drive a manual car, an automatic drives you
    [family guy] In Soviet Russia, Car drives You! [/family guy]

yea my main problem is i dont know how to drive a manuel and i dont wanna learn on a brand new WRX. last thing i want is to break my new car haha. but latly ive been learning on my friends 01 cougar. i suck at it haha... well mainly just starting in first. only problem i have. but yea i am very interested in the manuel. i LOVE to go fast.... but i also love to keep my licence and i dunno how muich trouble it will get me into. but i still got a few months before i accually pic my car. so i guess ill keep working that manuel. i had my friend test drive a STi for me... he told me to buy it that day haha. but yea. so i guess ill work on that shifting part:P ive been trying to read as much as i can on this forum about all the mods there are. how much on average is upgrading to a COBB stage 1 and then stage 2?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.