Considering buying a sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Considering buying a sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi all. im considering buying an sti. I have never own a car of this make, and was wondering what ...

Considering buying a sti

hi all. im considering buying an sti. I have never own a car of this make, and was wondering what you love and hate about your cars, and what i should expect if i get one. what made you buy one? Are they reliable? Are they high maintenance? Just want some general advise from you fellow wrx owners.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SOLID AS A ROCK!!!!!!! I know from experience.....my 05 STi has been to hell and back.
    However.......knowing what I know now I would have bought a WRX...........more money to use on upgrades........not that its necesarily cheaper to soup up a wrx to COMPLETE STI specs.
    But atleast you could do it at your own pace.......and not pay interest on the upgrades.
    WELCOME!!!!!

So do you still love your Rex?
    I freaking love my WRX!!!
    SEARCH BUTTON

These links should help. Theres another thread involving comments regarding why they love a suby...but I can't seem to find it.
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Very fun car, and very reliable if you don't beat the crap out of it. Bad on gas though, and prices are going up.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

thanks for the quick replies guys. Reason i want to know, is that this is going to be my everyday car for awhile, which is why its important that it is reliable. Does the sti work well as an everyday driver? Please feel free to post your comments of your own personal experience, impressions and opinions. Whether you have more of the same to say or not.

Absolutely! The STi is a very dynamic car......you want it to break hard or soft.......it does it...
    you want it drive fast or slow.....it does it.....thats kind the point of 4 door AWD 4 cylinder turbo budget cars......they do it all.
    I use the term "budget" loosely here...........

The STi is a great daily driver, at least from my experience. The car can be "ok" on gas mileage if you don't push it and if you feel the need you can punch it and the power is there just waiting to be used. The brakes are awesome, I love the brembos. It still seats 4 comfortably and has plenty of trunk space. The HID headlights provide plenty of light at night as well. Overall I love the car, wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe a porsche
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by smellati
    thanks for the quick replies guys. Reason i want to know, is that this is going to be my everyday car for awhile, which is why its important that it is reliable. Does the sti work well as an everyday driver? Please feel free to post your comments of your own personal experience, impressions and opinions. Whether you have more of the same to say or not.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search.php

Signed,
    The Search Nazi.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I love my 05 WRX STi too but I don't think the brembos are that good in wet weather at least not with the stock pads. Wish it had a sunroof and a fold flat rear seat, maybe 07's will. Other then that no problems.
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    81.9k daily driven fun

buy one
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555
    81.9k daily driven fun

buy one
    Really.. No JOke he has over 82,000 and still going Strong. I want an STi Too !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW
    Really.. No JOke he has over 82,000 and still going Strong. I want an STi Too !
    thanks
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

So how bad is this gas mileage? I am thinking about getting the non STI though. What are some averages you guys are getting?

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    zander welcome

approx 18-20 around town and like 300-350 miles on a full tank on highway , depends really on how lead footed you are
    "All We'll Drive"

how big is the tank? 350 could be good or bad
    Last edited by zander; 04-26-2006 at 09:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.