WRX VS STi

This is a discussion on WRX VS STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im looking for a WRX or may be a STi, i was wondering what you guys think which is better ...

Exclamation WRX VS STi

im looking for a WRX or may be a STi, i was wondering what you guys think which is better for the money? i would either get a 02/03 WRX or a 04 STi. i know that the STi is a 2.5L and is much better in everything. a 02/03 around here with 30kmils is about $17000 and i have seen a few 04 STi's with 45k miles for $24000 what would you choose? im not sur ei have the money for a STi with insurance and a payment. but what is the mainly better about the STi?

i dont think i would race it. i mostly want a fun car that will get me to the snow in the winter and fun in the summer. right now i have a 96 Mustang GT that i love working on but i cant get to the snow. i rebuilt a 5.4 and swaped it in. i know a stock 02/03 will be slower.

how much HP does a Stock WRX put to the wheels?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the wrx puts anywhere from 160-180 awhp...about 800-1400 bucks will get you to stage 2 and about 225 awhp either way i guess if ur in the financial stability the sti is always the way to go because its faster but the wrx does make for a lil bit better DD the ride isnt as stiff and it makes good power either or i think u will be happy...guess the answer is to go over the price differences and rather or not you wanna swing it...when and if u pick up a wrx make sure to get a catless uppipe!

ps. if u think ur so use to driving a modded gt and you dont want a slower car then ur gonna have to get the sti unless your a serious mod head and wanna swap turbos in the wrx....or get an srt4 i heard those things are like space rocket fast

i want AWD though other wise i would look at SRT-4s, my buddy has a SRT-4(intake, MSD, Catless exhaust, boosting 13PSI), we raced from stop and he got me by 1 car length. i was spinning really bad 1st and most of 2nd.

i would really love a STi but im not 100% if i can afford it.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye02WRX

i would really love a STi but im not 100% if i can afford it.
    Then don't get it!!! If you're not totally sure you can afford it, you're better off buying a WRX and having money for mods! Plus, insurance is a killer! So make sure you have the money to cover that first!

Also, why are you choosing between the 02/03 WRX or the '04 STi....why not the 04/05 WRX? Just seems like a big jump! Definitely huge range in price as well!?!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

because 04/05 is the first year of STI in US right? and if i got 02/03 it would be cheaper to find so i would have more money left

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye02WRX
    because 04/05 is the first year of STI in US right? and if i got 02/03 it would be cheaper to find so i would have more money left
    I understand you logic, but the prices of most WRXes are set by the amount of miles they have. I've seen many 02/03 with less miles going for $1-2k more than newr 04/05's with higher mileage.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

just for reference .

i got my 06 for less than ive seen stock 04s lol. the guy i got my 06 from basically broke the car in for me, and he kept it cleaner than anything youve ever seen, so its like it had a pampering before i got it.

it had 2100 miles, a new set of prodrive P1s and it only cost me $22.5k

but insurance is bad news ( for me especially, i made a couple boo boos ) the 06 has the 2.5L as well dont forget.

just shop around, youre bound to find a good deal, and dont "settle" for a car, make sure it is exactly what you are looking for. trust me
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    I understand you logic, but the prices of most WRXes are set by the amount of miles they have. I've seen many 02/03 with less miles going for $1-2k more than newr 04/05's with higher mileage.

this ive seen...but teh bugeyes = greatest wrx ever created

well. that answers that then. if youve got bugeye fever. there just isnt any substitute.

i would drive a bugeye if i could take my 06 seats with me lol i like my seats better. ( and if i could swap my engine in too. man id be happy

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

i like the blob eyes the best. i think the white 04/05 STi's look awsome. no i remember hearing on car and drive when the STI frist cam here that the 04's dont have raidos is this true? but the 05's do right? im looking for a low miliage 02+ like 30k miles for about $17k i have seen a few 02's for about that. how bad is you guys insurance? and how much gas do you use? in my 5.4 mustang i get about 170 miles out of 12 gallons so about 14mpg just regular driving

yeah the 04 sti was the closest thing to a Spec C that we ever got here.

as far as insurance. well there was a large thread posted and even though my driving record wasnt the worst. my insurance is higher than everyone else that posted.

i pay $384 a month ( 2 tickets, 2 accidents )

as far as gas. because i commute i can get decent miles. about 250-260miles on a tank but around town, lol forget it, i get butchered, and in rush hour traffic. UGH!

Ewwww.... Myspace.

how old are you? im 18 and no accidents and no tickets. luckly... how many gallons do you put in? only 260 miles? i was expecting a little more like 280 or something on freeway.

im 20. i had two tickets ( i was acting irresponsibly. noones fault but my own )
    one accident was not my fault, and the other one was. however it was a minor fender bender.

i fill and drain the tank each time. so approx 13 gal. each fillup. if i could get 280 or 300 i would be thrilled. i used to get almost 400 miles on a good day in my vw passat.

the AWD really screws the pooch on that one.

Ewwww.... Myspace.