New to the boost game and need a little advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to the boost game and need a little advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am looking to trade in my 00 celica gt-s on a WRX and i was hoping that i could ...

New to the boost game and need a little advice

I am looking to trade in my 00 celica gt-s on a WRX and i was hoping that i could get some info from the guys who already own the. Question one, how fast are they bone stock, i have seen some reports that say 0-60 in 6.2 and others that say 5.4 sec, which one is it really? does anyone know 1/8 mile track times? How well do they handle? and any other info that you can give to me would be helpful. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wanting wrx info

I am looking to trade in my 00 celica gt-s on a WRX and i was hoping that i could get some info from the guys who already own the. Question one, how fast are they bone stock, i have seen some reports that say 0-60 in 6.2 and others that say 5.4 sec, which one is it really? does anyone know 1/8 mile track times? How well do they handle? and any other info that you can give to me would be helpful. Thanks

Both times are correct but one is without launching (6.2). It handles good. With a little mods it handles very very good. Its faster than the GT-S .

Its a great car. I never get tired of driving it.

Hope this helps.

if u plan on dragging or launching this car a lot, I would suggest you buy something else.

Why buy something else if you plan on dragging or launching?
    2003 Nissan 350z Supercharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I can chirp my left shoe if I launch hard enough from a dig. The tread is wearing away on my Vans, though. Still, this is manageable with the 0.34hp (at the foot) that I can generate. From a roll on, I need to switch to the indoor meats (socks) or be drunk to chirp 'em at speed. Your friend must be a puss.

Good call on trading in the high revving fwd celica lol. I traded in my 01' Integra gsr for the scooby a little over a year ago and dont regret it.

Anyways, 0-60mph in 5.4 seconds is driving the hell out of it. Clutch drop from like 5-6k rpm I think is what the good old friends at car & driver did. So if you want to replace your tranny then 5.4. Otherwise I'd conservatively state high 5's with a decent launch (clutch slip, not drop...tranny will thank you later) and low 6's without a launch at all. Sorry cant help with 1/8 mile times. Stock 1/4 mile is low-mid 14's I believe.

As far as handling it is pretty decent out of the box. It's no gsr or celica gts, but it also weighs in a little over 3,000lbs and has bigger dimensions all together. It is not as tossable and has considerably more body roll than the other cars mentioned. However, it does have some awesome grip that you cant find in fwd cars. It understeers some as well, like most awd, but this can be corrected with a rear sway/endlinks. Helps it become much more neutral. Additionally, the stock tires suck for performance of any kind. Many recommend good tires/wheels as a first upgrade. I agree, just got some 18's with toyos and I'm waiting to try it out when the weather gets better. Obviously, springs and shocks help out immensely to control body roll and keep the car glued to the road better. Tein Flex coilovers sound awesome for adjustability and performance, but its safe to say coilovers make the car very stiff (too stiff to some ppl). Just an fyi.

Also, the wrx is very responsive to basic engine modifications. A full tbe and uppipe net you something like 20-25whp. Add engine management and you have a very formidable car. Should be able to do mid 13's with a good driver in the 1/4 mile. Turbo upgrades are also plentiful and there are different types out there to sort your desires(autox,drag, track) Though we all know that the wrx wasnt meant for dragging, where it really shines is the back country roads, blasting through the gears and hugging the turns with the awd gripping away.

Just as a word of caution with modding, SOA isnt exactly in love with the idea, so find yourself a mod friendly dealer and you will be set. But remember just like anything else, you gotta pay to play. Happy motoring
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

because stock wrx trannys don't hold up to the abuse of repeated hard launches......You do that and you'll be replacing gears pretty quickly!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I don't know if you meant 1/4 mile time and accidentally put 1/8 mile but either way the 1/4 mile time on a stock WRX is 14.1 some other sites will say 14.1 or 14.2 so maybe we can just say it's a 14.1 1/2. They're quick that's for sure and they're really fun to drive. I've never regreted having one, the boxer motor sounds awesome and the handling is great as well. Then ofcourse when you start doing stuff to them it just gets better. Only bad part about them and I'm sure everyone else can agree is the Transmission once you get so much power you're going to have to either replace it with and STi 6speed or do something like the STi RA gears.

Thanks man that was really all the info that i was looking for -hey know anyone who wants to buy a modded out 00 celica? Thanks again.

lots of helpful info, thanks. Now i just need to sell my 00 gt-s and dive into a wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Cross posting between forums might get your 1-2 more responses but will yeild many of comments from "Senior" members.

If you are REALLY concerned about 1/4 time and 0-60 this car might not be really what your looking for (as said in your first post on the first Thread this was posted). Unless you have money to play with modding isnt really a good idea (tranny's have been known to die after mods/abuse). If you are looking for a good daily driver that handles good, has decent power, and is safe as crap then the wrx is right up your way. IMO an older (00-02) LS1 or mustang is probaly better if you really want performance.

Just dont expect to buy this car, and go out try to race every honda on the street and have much of a tranny left. Not saying it's the worst tranny ever....but it will fail under those circumstances.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i ran a couple 5.4 0-60 BONE stock with a 3k Launch...

With no revving i got 5.9-6.2..

with my latest mods i did at 3k drop i did 5.23 best 0-60

No chance will i try a 5k drop...i dont wanna pay out my ass for a new tranny
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

and i need to sell my 02 spec v and get a rex... lol.

Just curious, does anyone regret the wrx like i did w/ the se-r? What do you wish you would've bought? thanks.
    2003 Nissan 350z Supercharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I can chirp my left shoe if I launch hard enough from a dig. The tread is wearing away on my Vans, though. Still, this is manageable with the 0.34hp (at the foot) that I can generate. From a roll on, I need to switch to the indoor meats (socks) or be drunk to chirp 'em at speed. Your friend must be a puss.

I have one regret, i'm addicted to the car and all i do is think about modding it, i've owned since about august and i've dumped about 9k of mods into it ( most of them are still in the mail) lol.
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by SER 2 WRX
    and i need to sell my 02 spec v and get a rex... lol.

Just curious, does anyone regret the wrx like i did w/ the se-r? What do you wish you would've bought? thanks.

at the time I got my 03 wrx, I would have liked an Evo (they just came out around that time). But it was out of my price range with the markups and all.

But to tell u the truth, if u want an import car for under $24k, u can't really go with anything better in terms of overall performance, modibility, and fun to drive factor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast