info on 02 WRX??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on info on 02 WRX?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; can any one tell me or have a link on the specs on a 02 RWX. like... how much boost ...

Question info on 02 WRX??

can any one tell me or have a link on the specs on a 02 RWX. like...

how much boost the motor can handle?
    how much boost the stock turbo can make?
    is the motor forged stock?
    diffrences in the years, like is there any diff,. in the motor when they changed the front end or anything.
    stuff like that...

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The engine's been basically the same for '02-'05, except for ECU changes. '06 got a larger displacement engine (2.5 liter).

The question about how much boost the stock engine can hold is more a function of "How long do you want the engine to last?". You can put a huge honkin' turbocharger on there, and run 20psi, (with supporting mods), but sooner or later the motor's gonna go if you push it. Any mod worth doing will put more stress on the engine and shorten its life span.

I wouldn't go much higher than 14-15psi on a stock turbo; you're getting out of it's efficiency range after that point.

I don't think there are forged parts at all in the stock WRX engine. Can't remember for sure about the crank.

All of this info is available with a quick search, btw.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye02WRX

diffrences in the years, like is there any diff,. in the motor when they changed the front end or anything.
    stuff like that...

thanks
    conclusion: Get all supporting mods and proper tune. Your car will last well over 100k miles @ 220-240whp level. That's close to max. whp you can extract out of stock turbo without use of NOS or Alky injection. Treat your car with care. It's the best way to prolong the life of car.

how much is the boost set at stock? how can i turn it up? and will i need a tune after its turnd up? i have heard bad things about manual boost controlers. is that true?

I Support ClubWRX
    Most people seem to get 12-13 psi stock. (or at least that's what the two WRX's I've owned got before mods)

You can run an "off-the-shelf" map by Cobb, TXS, whoever, that will safely raise your boost on an otherwise stock car. I would advise against an MBC, though you will get differing opinions on that one.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

stuff like that...

thanks
    2002 wrx spec

http://www.photoslave.com/journal/auto/wrxspecs.html

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyeWRX

thank you.

i dont have a WRX yet but summer im going to get a loan and buy one. im looking at 02/03's do you guys have any recomendations? like auto or 5spd. and what are the little blue screens that people get? i think they say Apex or something like that on them.
    and after the boost is raised how much hp ar the getting?

I Support ClubWRX
    thank you.

i dont have a WRX yet but summer im going to get a loan and buy one. im looking at 02/03's do you guys have any recomendations? like auto or 5spd. and what are the little blue screens that people get? i think they say Apex or something like that on them.
    Some pretty vague questions. After the boost is raised to what? What blue screens are you talking about? 5speed or auto is purely a personal decision, though most of us are enthusiasts, so you'll see rampant support for a manual tranny.

I'd try to get a car that shows no signs of previous mods, if possible. (No hacked heat shield, bolts to downpipe don't look like they've been removed..etc...)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

thank you.

yeah your questions are random as hell. the "screen" your referring to is the apex super afc. you have a lot of reading to do. check the stickies to get you started.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Some pretty vague questions. After the boost is raised to what? What blue screens are you talking about? 5speed or auto is purely a personal decision, though most of us are enthusiasts, so you'll see rampant support for a manual tranny.

I'd try to get a car that shows no signs of previous mods, if possible. (No hacked heat shield, bolts to downpipe don't look like they've been removed..etc...)

+100

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    yeah your questions are random as hell. the "screen" your referring to is the apex super afc.
    Oh geez, is that what he's talking about? Guess I should have figured that one out..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

hay guyz LOLZ!

I gots sum questions about rex'Z hopefully sum of u can help me! Most of them r repetative and 'm sure they have been nswered ovr the past few yrs since the wrx has been out ovr n ovr again.

thnx!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.