HI Everyone!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HI Everyone! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, My name is Steve.. I current drive a civic.. it was turbod, but now its back to stock... ...

HI Everyone!

Hello everyone, My name is Steve.. I current drive a civic.. it was turbod, but now its back to stock... i am looking to get rid of it and buy a new car..possibly a wrx...

i know all about the search buttom....havent found my answers yet.

Just a quick ? My friend told me not to get a wrx b.c they can not handle the power..I would mod it, so i am curius if you would have any problems...he said i would have to upgarde the half shafts, and axles, etc...is this true? also smething about the tranny not be real strong?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!! And it's good to hear you have located the search button.

I think your friend is either jealous or just un-informed! 99% of members on here have modded WRXes, some even over 300+ awhp. And I've never heard anything about the half-shafts or axles. As for the tranny, well it's been claimed that the 2002 models have a 'weaker tranny' which was improved in the late '03+ models, but it's really in how you drive the car. If you're going to be launching your car a lot or abusing it...well that's not really good for any subaru transmission. But there are lots of members on here with modded 02' WRXes that have exceeded 60k, 70k, 80k miles on a stock tranny.

Overall, it depends on what you are going to mod your WRX for. For rallying? Drag-racing? Just want it to be a highway monster? Once you answer that then you can pick a modding path and start looking up information.

To get you started, here are some links I suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    and welcome to The Club!!!! And it's good to hear you have located the search button.

I think your friend is either jealous or just un-informed! 99% of members on here have modded WRXes, some even over 300+ awhp. And I've never heard anything about the half-shafts or axles. As for the tranny, well it's been claimed that the 2002 models have a 'weaker tranny' which was improved in the late '03+ models, but it's really in how you drive the car. If you're going to be launching your car a lot or abusing it...well that's not really good for any subaru transmission. But there are lots of members on here with modded 02' WRXes that have exceeded 60k, 70k, 80k miles on a stock tranny.

Overall, it depends on what you are going to mod your WRX for. For rallying? Drag-racing? Just want it to be a highway monster? Once you answer that then you can pick a modding path and start looking up information.

To get you started, here are some links I suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

awsome thanks!

well i would like a highway monster...well i did alot of research on mods for the car so im set with that..lol...yeah i saw the first good mods to do...i just want some nice power without problems....manly just for the highway and whatever comes alot the way..

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by sjc08wrx
    awsome thanks!

well i would like a highway monster...well i did alot of research on mods for the car so im set with that..lol...yeah i saw the first good mods to do...i just want some nice power without problems....manly just for the highway and whatever comes alot the way..
    Well if you're just looking to "kick it up a notch", the most popular way to mod performance while keeping the WRX a daily driver is to go to Cobb Stage 2 (<-- take note, you'll see this a lot on the forum). Cobb Stage 2 is basically the addition of the Cobb AP aka AccessPort (engine management is the most important mod you can do!) and an exhaust. There are many threads on Stage 2 on this forum, as well as more information and stats at www.cobbtuning.com. This is one of the most proven and fail-safe mods you can do to your subie, and if you want more power in the future, you can upgrade to Cobb Stage 2.5, 3, 3.5, and so on, or turn to upgrading the suspension, brakes, etc.

Enjoy!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Damn Heather, you're on a roll this morning

On a side note, I can vouch for Cobb stg2, great power, great driveability, no problems.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Well if you're just looking to "kick it up a notch", the most popular way to mod performance while keeping the WRX a daily driver is to go to Cobb Stage 2 (<-- take note, you'll see this a lot on the forum). Cobb Stage 2 is basically the addition of the Cobb AP aka AccessPort (engine management is the most important mod you can do!) and an exhaust. There are many threads on Stage 2 on this forum, as well as more information and stats at www.cobbtuning.com. This is one of the most proven and fail-safe mods you can do to your subie, and if you want more power in the future, you can upgrade to Cobb Stage 2.5, 3, 3.5, and so on, or turn to upgrading the suspension, brakes, etc.

Enjoy!

mm yes thank you...i was searching the internet yesturday and found that site...thank you very much!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.