teh 411
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on teh 411 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Howdy all, Just stopping in for the obligatory introduction thread. Not sure how long I'll be around this community, but ...

teh 411

Howdy all,

Just stopping in for the obligatory introduction thread. Not sure how long I'll be around this community, but I'm hoping for a while at least.

A bit about my current situation:

I drive a 2005 Focus ST. Decent car with decent handling, yada yada. I purchased it about a year ago after being carless for a few months. At the time, I was a new buyer, no money down with decent credit (needed more history, as always).

Anyway, LONG story short, I've since gotten a few raises, might be getting another one in the next 6months. I like all the features of the ST, but it's never been a snug fit. I've been looking into a bunch of cars, mostly older and used ones. Specifically, 91-94 DSM's vs. payments/insurance each month. However, I like the idea of a warranty and don't plan to extensively mod any car under warranty (haven't touched a hair on my ST, despite having the itch).

I've put in the word to a friend of mine who works at a dealership. He's looking around for an '05 Silver WRX (I considered the STi, but would rather have less money tied up in payments and insurance each month). So we'll see what happens.

So, as of now, I'm shopping around...but I always like to know everything about a car I'm interested in. I've been scanning this forum for about a day or two now and feel right at home. I look forward to learning more about the cars and becoming more familiar with this crowd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I realize the title of this 'Hello' thread is a bit misleading, but it was all in good fun. And sarcasm. I'm seriously feeling left out here. :sniff:

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

I can promise you though, that if you get a WRX you will not be able to control the modding itch!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Welcome to the club meng
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Agreed, modding is something that WILL happen. I told myself i'll hold off for a little while, I lasted 3-4 weeks and today i'm getting my windows tinted and i've ordered 4 other parts in the last two days. Good luck with everything though.
    2006 WRBlue WRX
    Cobb Tuned to Stage II, Helix Catted DP, Invidia 3" Catback
    Cobb: Short Shifter, Sport Springs, Shifter Bushings, Trans Mount, Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Redline Hood Dampeners
    20% Tint

I don't know..seriously. As a resident of CA, dealing with the potential emission (visual) issues along with voiding my warranty...yeah. I'd be scared. I have neither the space nor the mechanical knowledge to fix anything, should something go boom, splat, fizz, and so on.

So, this might be a problem. Bahaha. I welcome it, however. The hard part is going to be locating a damn Silver '05 WRX from a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

I can promise you though, that if you get a WRX you will not be able to control the modding itch!
    +1 You think you will be able to control it, but just keep reading............
    Russ - 2005 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stage 2 and other stuff….

Quote Originally Posted by bbpuppet
    +1 You think you will be able to control it, but just keep reading............
    -1!

Kidding, of course. But seriously man, I have NO choice. Fix it tickets, smog shops giving me crap (or a payoff), money for the mods, time installing them (prefer not to pay a shop unless I absolutely have to), voiding warranty, so on and so forth. The PRIMARY reason I'm getting a WRX over something like, say...a DSM (as I mentioned) is for the warranty. I'd have enough money to keep dumping crap into my DSM, but I'd rather not spend that much time wrenching.

I *do* have a life. Sorta. Now, if I had a daily driver, and this next car was going to be my weekend warrior, then the wrenching would be cool. I tried having a daily driver/weekend warrior...and that just ended in tears. Mostly mine.

I will be strong!

Welcome to the forums and good luck with the WRX!

At first you will love it and then you will love it but think it's too slow and bam, kiss your money good bye

But really, you'll love the car once you buy it, it's soo much fun
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

By the way, should any of you feel like sparing me some time, I have a few things I'm looking into:

1. Differences between 02 and 03+ transmissions.
    2. Options for the 02-05 WRX transmissions (as far as strengthening them) ASIDE from the general STi tranny swap (which is quoted to be 5-6k total)
    3. Potential differences from 04-05 (aside from interior)

I know I'll figure it out with the search, which is how I've figured everything out so far. BUT, I'm gonna be busy for a day or two, not having as much time, and I'm impatient to learn more. So, if any of you get bored and feel like throwing up a link, or even an answer, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and thanks for all the warm welcomes. You will (hopefully) learn that I tend to be sarcastic and generally joke. I never try to directly upset, hurt or piss someone off. Just a little disclaimer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.