prospective buyer and new to the site

This is a discussion on prospective buyer and new to the site within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi guys. name's nathan. i'm from northern WI. currently i drive an 01 alero but i'm shopping around for my ...

prospective buyer and new to the site

hi guys. name's nathan. i'm from northern WI. currently i drive an 01 alero but i'm shopping around for my next car and happen to love the wrxs... so i figured i'd pop in and see what your reviews are... research any problems they may have... whatever you guys think... so hi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey and welcome to the club.

My review is

Use the search button here and you'll be able to find answers to all your questions. They are great cars all around though.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

My review of the WRX is:

It's all depends on what you want out of the car but test drive one and you will fall in love with it! If you don't, go buy a honda.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

lol... haha nice... well i've drivin a 2002 impreza wrx turbo... but it wasn't an sti... my gf's uncle has one and i love it... he lets me drive sometimes when he comes up to visit which is like every weekend... so i definatly have some experience behind the wheel... positive experience... i want a car that's reliable, not overly expensive on upkeep and fixing... AWD it a bonus... i want something quick... which the subie seems to fill... and i want something that's just is fun to drive... how are the wrx's on high milage upkeep and stuff?

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640
    lol... haha nice... well i've drivin a 2002 impreza wrx turbo... but it wasn't an sti... my gf's uncle has one and i love it... he lets me drive sometimes when he comes up to visit which is like every weekend... so i definatly have some experience behind the wheel... positive experience... i want a car that's reliable, not overly expensive on upkeep and fixing... AWD it a bonus... i want something quick... which the subie seems to fill... and i want something that's just is fun to drive... how are the wrx's on high milage upkeep and stuff?
    Your best bet is to do a couple searches on the Club to get more specific answers for what you are looking for.

IMO, the WRX is a great car (p.s. all WRXes are turbo)...it performs well in many areas rather then exceeding in one area...a 'jack-of-all-trades' if you will. While there are a lot of differences between a WRX and an STI, the WRX is pretty much the best bang-for-your-buck for those of us that can't afford the STi. You can definitely mod the WRX to be faster than a stock STi, for less than the price of an STi...it's a path many of us take.

Here's a recent threads on how member's 02/03 WRXes are performing at higher miles:
    how many miles do you have on your Bugeye

P.S. Check out insurance rates first...they're a killer!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

w00t. I'm in the same boat. Looking around. A friend of mine has a 2005 Silver WRX...and I'm not sure why, but I fell in love with it. The seats are SO damn comfortable, spacious back, and the shifter is...oh man. h0tness.

Despite the crappy transmission, I'm 90% sure I'll be getting one. Just a matter of timing now. If you haven't already, I'd strongly suggest sitting in one and/or driving one. You'll know.

Something from a new guy myself. I am getting my 02 WRX in WRB this wednesday. But the first time you sit in that seat, feel that turbo spool up, and shift 2nd to 3rd at about 6000-6500rpm, you will know, YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!!!