Finaly got my 06 WRX rex! Pics! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finaly got my 06 WRX rex! Pics! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by pwn i passed up a lancer and a new neon srt-4 or w/e they are today, i ...

Quote Originally Posted by pwn
    i passed up a lancer and a new neon srt-4 or w/e they are today, i could hear they were both flooring it. :
    That SRT-4 wasn't flooring it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Talking

Sweet car! This is the exact one I test drove but I got the black 2006 with the small spoiler on the back. Yeah, I didn't know they had an option for leather..I asked the guy at the dealership. He said only on the Legacy. hmmmmmm
    http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mallcar6de.jpg

Oh and I bought mine in the rain also, it drives great in the rain! And I have a small chip on my front window!

love your car hopefuly i will get 1 b4 the end of the year

pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug05WRX
    That SRT-4 wasn't flooring it.
    From what I've read about the srt-4, it should be about the same as an 06 rex despite the higher horse power...?

I've been seeing a lot more of Subie's lately in the Bishop Ranch area. Nice ride!!
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

pwn
    Thanks ^^ I love the attention I get with it.

Congrats on the new suby

What part of Mt. Hamilton did you drive on? Was it just the road in the valley between Mt. Hamilton and the mountain to the west? I've wanted to go up there, but the roads all suck from my side and last time I tried there was snow up there so they blocked it off. I might be getting a newer suby tomorrow and I'd like to take her up there.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

pwn
    I went in this like gorge thing straight through the middle of it, and then went via I5 back home.

--edit--

Also, the roads really vary, but it was a nice drive. As you can see from the pics, beautiful hills, and as long as you dont drive off the road you should be fine . A few places I went slow to avoid some gravel / rock kick up, and had to manuever around a pothole and debrie every once in a while, but still an awsome drive. Go for it!

From what I've read about the srt-4, it should be about the same as an 06 rex despite the higher horse power...?
    Nope Those things will own you from a roll.

I went in this like gorge thing straight through the middle of it, and then went via I5 back home.

--edit--

Also, the roads really vary, but it was a nice drive. As you can see from the pics, beautiful hills, and as long as you dont drive off the road you should be fine . A few places I went slow to avoid some gravel / rock kick up, and had to manuever around a pothole and debrie every once in a while, but still an awsome drive. Go for it!
    Sweet, I definently will before I have to go back to school. I just upgraded to an 05 sti and I really want to try those hills. Carefully of course!
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

looks good
    Last edited by sleestak; 04-16-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    06 WRX Wagon Limited
    Cobb Stg 3

pwn
    Almost 700 miles, is it going to be awsome once i can use the full RPM range even though I already hit peak torque?

Almost 700 miles, is it going to be awsome once i can use the full RPM range even though I already hit peak torque?
    Congrats on the purchase! Looks like a nice car! Seeing the leather seats makes me want to get mine done in leather too! So, what mods are you thinking about?? Don't be too afraid of the voiding of warranties, you have already drive your WRX so it's practically void anyway. Wheels & tires?? Tint? Engine management?? Think about the Cobb Accessport ECU for your car. You can go to stage 1, its undetectable by the dealer and gives you 35 more hp. Plus once you get that (they are about $600) it will support other mods (like turboback exhaust) and bump up the power even more...safely. There are many of us WRX & STi owners here who use it. Great mod, easy install, no voiding of the warranty (at least with Stage 1!)

Seeing all these new WRX's sure makes me appreciate my sunroof.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Doug05WRX
    Nope Those things will own you from a roll.
    Exactly. But still, I hear what you're saying.

I'm still not a fan of the front grill or the rear lights. BUT...the more I look at pictures, the more I start getting used to it. I posted that I was looking into an '05 WRX, but the '06 with the .5 liters more and better tranny...I dunno. The '05's are SO damn sexay!

Either way, congrats bro. Nice looking car. I like the no wing/spoiler option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast