Im new
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Im new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, One of my buddies is a mechenic that has a 2001 wrx, its not an sti. It has ...

Im new

Hey guys, One of my buddies is a mechenic that has a 2001 wrx, its not an sti. It has a blown motor in it and the kid that owned it has just left it. He has applied for a mechenics lean on it and if he gets it he is going to let me buy it for cheap. I need to know a couple of things: where can buy a motor for this, new or used doesnt matter. What do these run stock in the quarter? What are some good mods to put on these. I have a 2002 svt focus that is just to slow for me so im kinda excited about this wrx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well if the motor is blown my suggestion would be to try and obtain either a v-7 or v-8 front clip. You'd be far ahead of the game with that motor/drivetrain from a JDM car. It will be a bit more expensive then getting a used or new USDM motor, but much better in the long run.

These cars stock run mid to low 14's. Modded all bets are off but for under 1,500 dollars you could be in the low 13's easily.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

I'm guessing by "2001 wrx" you mean the 2002 version. WRXes did not make their first appearance in the US until the 2002 version arrived (in late '01).

And you're already asking about mods and the car's not even running?!?! LOL That's what we like to hear! Here's some great links for you to check out:

The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

you can sometimes find complete motors from wrecks on ebay....you will also come across JDM STi motors there as well. of course these are not new...and not tested.

if you want a new motor take a look at Cobb and Gruppe-S. Crawford/I-speed also builds motors, but their motors are really geared more towards race cars, not daily driven ones.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+1

And welcome to the club. If you look around online motors for these cars are pretty easy to find and it is more a matter of picking the right motor for you needs. Keep us posted.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

lets see some pics of yer Focus SVT
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Welcome. +1 on the focus pics.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

This was a while ago. I would get you a current one, but its at the local shop waiting to get dyno tuned.

My bad, i put the wrong link in.

Welcome to the club meng
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Welcome to the club!

If you should stumble into this thread ---> http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136765 , don't be offended, it's an '06 and they didn't mention the SVT version.

btw, I heard the SVT's handle like they are on rails, how is it...?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

The whole focus thing doesnt really matter to me, i think of mine as an svt not a focus. Thats ok tho, i like to eat stock wrx's from a roll. They do handle like they are on rails except for in snow. But thats probly because i had summer tires on. It was no fun at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.