1989 240sx engine help

This is a discussion on 1989 240sx engine help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i need help figuring out what to put in my car for performance...

1989 240sx engine help

i need help figuring out what to put in my car for performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kinda motor do your have? Most people with the K series, do an all motor setup since it's so torque'y. Most w/SR motors just do turbo upgrades. What do you plan on doing with your 240?
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

For a swap that won't require fabrications or new engine mounts, etc. you have three choices, you can turbo the KA (but if you do that, I would strongly suggest finding one out of a 91-98 240...they have the KA24DE (the DOHC version of the SOHC engine in your car with a bit more HP) and turboing it. Then you have two JDM options, the aforementioned SR20DET, very popular and lots of aftermarket parts. Then you have the CA18DET, my personal favorite. The CA came in the JDM 180sx's. They only have 175hp, BUT they have an iron block and are pretty much bulletproof (they are essentially an RB26dett block with two cylinders cut off). Plus they can rev like the S2000's engine and they have an intricate crossflow head design and a timing belt (SRs and KAs have noisy lower revving chains).
    Here are two 240 forums:
    www.zilvia.net
    www.240sx.org
    They should be able to point you in the right direction as well. Damn, now you are making me miss my 90 240 hatchback!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

wat about

wat about a skyline engine

Quote Originally Posted by madcow 9999
    wat about a skyline engine
    1. RB engine swaps into a 240sx=$$$$$$$$$$$$
    2. While it's very exotic and can produce lots of power, an RB will change the near perfect 50/50 weight distribution that the S13 has, making it front heavy. A stock KA or SR and tranny weighs a little over 500lbs. An RB20 (the smallest of the RBs) and tranny weighs 720lbs, the RB25 and 26 weigh even more.
    RBs require fabrication. New engine mounts, tranny mounts, driveshaft, ECU/harness wiring, accessory hoses/tubes,etc.
    I love RBs and the RB26DETT is one of my favorite engines (oh how I would love to put one in my 2400lb '73 240z), but plan on spending at least $8000 for an RB20 swap (that includes all the fab and any contingent expenses), not including the price of the car. RB26swaps will go over 10K.
    That's the main reason I suggested turboing the KA or swapping an SR or CA (they are both direct drop/bolt in affairs), they require minimal fabrication.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Ej25
    Cobb Stage two and a half.