+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up everyone, just figured I'd say hello as you'll be seeing more of me in the forums. I'm 18 ...

Cool Newbie

What's up everyone, just figured I'd say hello as you'll be seeing more of me in the forums. I'm 18 and for my graduation present my parents traded in my VW Beetle ( eww ) for a bran new '06 WRX/TR... sadly I haven't even sat in it yet! It went straight off the floor into the garage for a short shift kit, so I should be in it late Wednesday. I already bought my hyper-blue lights, and am looking into a cold air intake. And debadgeing will be the first thing I do to the exterior. Anyways, I just thought I'd stop and say that compared to my friends rides and my previous... Subaru pwns. Instead of test driving my WRX when I went to the dealership I opted for the 2002 WRX/Sti... and going from a 5 speed 110 HP bug to a 300 HP boosted beast was quite a change.. needless to say I was hooked. Subaru makes a great car and I'm proud to own one. See ya.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2006
    What's up everyone, just figured I'd say hello as you'll be seeing more of me in the forums. I'm 18 and for my graduation present my parents traded in my VW Beetle ( eww ) for a bran new '06 WRX/TR... sadly I haven't even sat in it yet! It went straight off the floor into the garage for a short shift kit, so I should be in it late Wednesday. I already bought my hyper-blue lights, and am looking into a cold air intake. And debadgeing will be the first thing I do to the exterior. Anyways, I just thought I'd stop and say that compared to my friends rides and my previous... Subaru pwns. Instead of test driving my WRX when I went to the dealership I opted for the 2002 WRX/Sti... and going from a 5 speed 110 HP bug to a 300 HP boosted beast was quite a change.. needless to say I was hooked. Subaru makes a great car and I'm proud to own one. See ya.

So you drove a 2002 WRX Sti? Anyway....welcome to the club
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Welcome, wrx's don't have 300hp though.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Welcome to the club meng!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I know

I wrote I test drove a Sti... they have 300 hp...

I Support ClubWRX
    HAHA......IBtheclubstartsdowningshotsofhatoradeand makeyoufeelstupid.

On a side note first you didnt test drive a 2002 sti. Second it's probaly wasnt a great idea for your parents to buy you a car like this. Thrid why are your parents giving you this car, just because you mananged to graduate highschool (which isnt a huge accomplishment)? Fourth what percentage of the car/insurance/maitance will you be paying. Fifth there is no need to put those stupid blue bulbs in the stock car. It will do nothing but make it harder for everyone else to drive. The projectors on the stock 06 are more then enough light. Sixth dont waste your time trying to figure out what CAI to buy....they are all pretty much worthless until you start making MAJOR (read 320-370 hp).

I'm sure this may seem a little harsh but you need to do alot of reading up before you ruin a perfectly good car with stupid mods. Hope the extra power of the wrx doesnt get away from you.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Yeah...don't waste your money on a CAI...I'd go all out with my money on a atmospheric blow off valve...
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Understandable

OK... I DID test drive a Sti.. the tax was covered by the trade in, I pay the insurance and the gas my parents just helped on the difference. I have in my possesion a APS turboback exhaust (without cat.. yes illegal.. blah) so I figured the extra flow from the intake would assist in the power gain but I don't plan on buying one right away. And the only reason why I bought the lights is because my entire crew owns them and I roll with them, so it looks pretty nice coming down the road. They are actually about the same in intensity, just a different color. And they bought it because it's hard to spit game driving a bug let alone going to collage in one. And we have money.. so we can. I understand you're intentions and no hard feelings but you could have said hello

Bov

SpeedDman I already book marked my Blitz BOV and thanks for the advice. I enjoy the metallic sound.. I had looked into a Greddy RS but it has a weird note, so I opted for Blitz.

welcome congrats on the car, are your parents adopting? I have a HKS just $600 takes it
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

hey guys, don't be so hard on the kid. he's just excited... i'm sure none of you would've said no to your parents getting you a WRX. there's no need to be so harsh with him... why not just point him in the right direction.

listen WRX2006... before you do any mods you're planning, do a search on it. you'll easily see why they're saying to NOT do what you've listed (i.e. CAI, BOV). happy searching, happy driving... and welcome
    Last edited by drummerboy; 04-10-2006 at 09:19 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Thanks

Thank you for the comments, no they are not adopting, and 600$! I can get the Blitz from their own website for $245! Omega Autosports in Indy charges 50$ per hour/labor so I think I'll come out ahead.. and I am scaning the forums now.

Thank you for the comments, no they are not adopting, and 600$! I can get the Blitz from their own website for $245! Omega Autosports in Indy charges 50$ per hour/labor so I think I'll come out ahead.. and I am scaning the forums now.
    you do that i guarantee you half the crap you want you will find that they are useless on you car, oh and welcome
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

And they bought it because it's hard to spit game driving a bug let alone going to collage in one. And we have money.. so we can. I understand you're intentions and no hard feelings but you could have said hello
    It's spelled "college", alright killer.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Congrats on the WRX

Please just drive safe and dont end up like this: RIP driver and 06 wrx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.