Newbie - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRX2006 What's up everyone, just figured I'd say hello as you'll be seeing more of me in ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2006
    What's up everyone, just figured I'd say hello as you'll be seeing more of me in the forums. I'm 18 and for my graduation present my parents traded in my VW Beetle ( eww ) for a bran new '06 WRX/TR... sadly I haven't even sat in it yet! It went straight off the floor into the garage for a short shift kit, so I should be in it late Wednesday. I already bought my hyper-blue lights, and am looking into a cold air intake. And debadgeing will be the first thing I do to the exterior. Anyways, I just thought I'd stop and say that compared to my friends rides and my previous... Subaru pwns. Instead of test driving my WRX when I went to the dealership I opted for the 2002 WRX/Sti... and going from a 5 speed 110 HP bug to a 300 HP boosted beast was quite a change.. needless to say I was hooked. Subaru makes a great car and I'm proud to own one. See ya.
    Who's paying for insurance?
    Glad you are getting a nice ride though.
    Please take it easy. If I had a rex at 18, I wouldn't have lived to see my 19th. These cars are crazy fast even for old drivers like me. Be smart and live long my friend! Remember the goal is to die old and with the most toys.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    It's spelled "college", alright killer.

lol i thought he ment he was making a picture with other pictures of his bug... lolz...

Welcome

But man...all I got for graduation was a printer that crapped out after a few months of college crap.

O and forget getting a BOV and a CAI. If you have to have the psssh sound...get a 50/50, it won't kill the engine as fast I admit that I have one, but I finally just turned it to full recirculation ( I have a worx) cuz the noise gets annoying and the rich condition during shifts isn't too great for the car. Get EM if anything, its better for the car and you'll see much better gains.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Here are some links I definitely suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

And P.S. The first year of the STi in the US was 2004
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by W R u b i X c u
    lol i thought he ment he was making a picture with other pictures of his bug... lolz...
    exactly. he could have meant that he was making a collage of his bug.

welcome to the club and don't let everyone give you a hard time for your parents getting it. my parents helped me out on my 03 eclipse spyder gt that i drive right now when i got out of high school and here i am 19, going on 20 in 3 months and im trading in an 06 WRX TR myself. Enjoy the car.

btw, you said APS. turbo back? Isn't that the 3.5" exhaust?? If so, that is way overkill on a regular WRX. Correct me if i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 4CE-FED
    btw, you said APS. turbo back? Isn't that the 3.5" exhaust?? If so, that is way overkill on a regular WRX. Correct me if i am wrong.
    APS has a 3.5 (race exhaust) and a regular 3".
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

yeah...a 3.5 inch exhaust is overkill...I remember reading a post a while back giving the minimum diameter exhaust ideal for a certain hp range.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

My parents gave me a VW Bug when I was in High School for my first car. It was slow and nasty handling beast. A 1967 swing axle VW Bug. All of 53 HP.

Please be careful with the WRX. The penalties for screwing up are very painful. My Bug died a fiery death, but I waked away...
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12