New WRX owner with some questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX owner with some questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everybody! I just purchased my very first WRX (black 2002 sedan) two weeks ago and joined the forum today! ...

New WRX owner with some questions

Hello everybody! I just purchased my very first WRX (black 2002 sedan) two weeks ago and joined the forum today! I've been following the forum for quite some time and am blown away by the maturity and knowledge you fellow members posses. Anyways, I have a couple of questions I was wondering if I could get some help on or at least pointed in the right direction. Now I live in Milwaukee area, which means I have to do yearly emissions tests. With that said I was wondering what are the best first mods that I could do to my baby. And just to let you know my car knowledge is mediocre at best, if that makes a difference on what mods I should purchase.
    My second question is about driving my car. My last car was stick but I only owned it for about a month. I self taught myself how to drive manual transmission. Now I can drive normally just fine, but my aggressive driving I think needs improving. Anyone know where I can read up on how to improve my shifting skills, specifically improving my off the line time. When I try to shift quickly its very rough. Well sorry this is very wordy but i thank you for time and any help you can give thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I went easy on mods because I'm still under warranty. Your not so you could do anything that you want.

I did...

Rear sway bar.
    Lowering springs
    Tint windows.
    Magnaflow muffler
    Upgrade sound system.
    replace stock air filter with drop in Air Hog.

Do a search to see what's right for you.

As for driving a clutch...Take it easy. It will come in time. Stay away from launching until you figure it out. I don't launch and don't have a need to.

Good Luck!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Welcome to the club. I just bought my car from milwaukee last week. I live up in Oshkosh Wisconsin. That sucks that you are going to have to make emissions. Well I'm sorry that I'm not really any help seeing as how I just bought my car but I would say the Cobb stage 1 kit would be a good choice because you can change the computer back to stock when you go to get tested. The link is http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/powerpackages.html

To me they seem to know what they are talking about on this site but I don't know if they are good to order from because I have not done so yet.

Good luck and welcome to the life of AWD!

I would look over the the boost control. If you're SURE its original and has never been modded with an MBC and the WG arm hasn't been adjusted, get yourself a Cobb Accessport. Its an easy mod, and will give you a decent preformance boost...and as you get other mods, it will help you get full advantage out of them.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Sup. I live in Racine, Wisconsin and I just bought my 02 Sonic Yellow Sedan. I love it. I just spent 2k on the car this afternoon and I'm taking it to Great Lakes Dragaway on the 23rd of this month. A bunch of you guys should come too.

Lemme know.

Jon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.