Top 5 ways to keep a friends C6 Z06 within visual range...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Top 5 ways to keep a friends C6 Z06 within visual range... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 5 ) Launching at 5 grand. I can almost promise you'll win everytime. Mainly because 'vette tires are 385 per ...

Top 5 ways to keep a friends C6 Z06 within visual range...

5 ) Launching at 5 grand. I can almost promise you'll win everytime. Mainly because 'vette tires are 385 per wheel and burning through run flat tires makes the wallet cry.

4 ) Feign car trouble. A frantic flashing of high beams and slowing to the emergency lane = victory. For a few seconds. Until he downshifted.

3 ) Call his wife and have her tell him to slow down. Oddly enough, not as effective as you might think.

2 ) Unexpected right turns. Nothing says I win like "HAH! U Turn for the LOSS"

and the number 1 way to keep a C6 Z06 staring at your tail lights....

1 ) Mount tail lights in front of car.

I've taken an '04 STi and plan on making it into a monster. Complete with scary voice and fake blood. Anyone in Austin wanna go run around Parmer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pwn
    If they have a Z06 in the first place I dont think they would care all THAT much about replacing their runflats.

$385 in price? or width?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont think a highly modded wrx would have much of a chance against one of those cars. I mean on most cars we can say "wait till the turns" but the z06 would walk us with a leash even on the turns. It will out break us any given day of the weak. With the TC and 1st gear ratio we cant even take them off the line (if driven properly). In other words unless someone has MAJOR money in there wrx you'd be better off waiting till it snows or rains.

If I were looking at a 60k dollar car a yellow Z06 would be in my driveway in a heart beat. I would need nothing else out of a car (except a wrx for bad weather).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Uhmm....

Apparently humor is a lost art form. I hope I find it. Unless you're dropping 25k on an STi and making it an entirely different car, there's no hope in beating a Z06. The original post was meant for humor's sake. I received my STi yesterday and we wanted to go out driving. It was fun enough What's even better is when we switched cars

As for the tires, its 416 a pop from tire rack. And I'm not sure how filthy rich he is, but 1k for two new rears sucks. That's like....what....50 table dances? Ouch. And for the record, Z06 tires are Rear: 325/30YR19. Its a foot of rubber. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I dont think a highly modded wrx would have much of a chance against one of those cars. I mean on most cars we can say "wait till the turns" but the z06 would walk us with a leash even on the turns. It will out break us any given day of the weak. With the TC and 1st gear ratio we cant even take them off the line (if driven properly). In other words unless someone has MAJOR money in there wrx you'd be better off waiting till it snows or rains.

If I were looking at a 60k dollar car a yellow Z06 would be in my driveway in a heart beat. I would need nothing else out of a car (except a wrx for bad weather).
    i beg to differ, AWD can out run to much rwhp through most track days w/ the same type of tires. on street tires i'm always within a second of any equally epuiped Z06 at any of the track days i've been to. as the corvette slides out of the turns i'm hooked up and gone, even if he starts to catch up w/ me halfway down the straight i can out brake and enter faster. this was in my COBB stg 2, 04 STi.

Z06's have three traction control levels. Off, Performance Mode, and On.

The all on setting (i forget what its called) keeps the rear wheels firmly planted and doesn't eat up as much tire. The result being they don't take turns as fast as we do.

Performance mode allows a lot of squirrelyness before the traction control engages. Pointing 5-10% off center is allowed and lets them take corners pretty dang quick as I found out.

All off is nuts. Don't try it. Unless 360s are your thing, curbs be damned.

As far as keeping up with a Z06 at a track, the corners I can believe...but braking? I dunno. Does that stage 2 at cobb do anything to the brake system? That Z06 seemed to stand still very fast. This is a C6 Z06, the '06 model If you're talking about a C5, who knows...you could be correct. Take a video next time I volunteer!

At the very least, you'd beat them on gas mileage
    Last edited by bpwatts; 04-04-2006 at 06:52 AM.

I thought it was funny. Keep on keeping on.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

you could uhhh...hmmmm...uhhhhh i cant think of anything...

C6Z06=chuck norris vs WRX=jackie chan...though it maybe fun to watch, it would end horribly...
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought it was funny

Quote Originally Posted by bpwatts
    As for the tires, its 416 a pop from tire rack. And I'm not sure how filthy rich he is, but 1k for two new rears sucks.
    A thousand Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers!!! Are you nuts???

Haha...I thought the whole thing was funny too...definitely was chucklin
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Hmmm...I have a different top five ways to keep a C6 ZO6 within visual range:
    5. Pagani Zonda
    4. Jaguar XJ220
    3. Bugatti Veyron
    2. Hayabusa
    1. Ducati 999r
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Hmmm...I have a different top five ways to keep a C6 ZO6 within visual range:
    5. Pagani Zonda
    4. Jaguar XJ220
    3. Bugatti Veyron
    2. Hayabusa
    1. Ducati 999r
    And the Bugatti is 3rd on that list?
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

I don't have enough kidneys to harvest on the black market for any of those I don't think ('cept for the crotch rockets). My STi coming in at half a kidney is the winnar!

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    And the Bugatti is 3rd on that list?
    Yeah, it's the highest ranking CAR on the list. As fast as the Veyron accelerates, I think the Ducati and 'Busa will out accelerate it at least until their top speed.
    For example,
    Ducati 999r:
    weight: 439 lbs
    HP: 140@9750
    Power to weight ratio: 1:3.14

Bugatti Veyron:
    weight: 4162
    HP: 1001@6000
    Power to weight ratio: 1:4.16

Provided the Ducati rider could keep the front end on the ground (doubt it, haha), theoretically the Ducati would out accelerate the Veyron, but I don't think you would ever see 250+ mph out of the Ducati, like you would from the Veyron.

So that's why I put the Veyron at 3.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast