Help!

This is a discussion on Help! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. This will be my first import. I have always been a mustang owner. I am totally stoked about ...

Question Help!

Hey everyone. This will be my first import. I have always been a mustang owner. I am totally stoked about getting a turbo car. I haven't bought it yet but i'm looking at an 02 with some basic mods. I don't know all of them by name yet I am still learning. I know it has A upgraded intercooler, exaust, bov, radiator, COI. I look forward to getting some pics but I have ? a before I buy it. Everything checks out with the car except one thing to me. It has OZ 18" rims with 225/40/18. When i test drove the car when we would drive over a dip or when the suspension would flex the rear tires would rub and hit the wheel well making a nasty sound. The owner said it was because the tires were a 40 index instead of a 35 and when He had his 225/35/18 on it didn't do that. Now, That could be but I see alot of you guys running 225/40/18 with no complaints. The susp. is stock. Please help. I want to buy the car but this problem bothers me. I hope it's a simple fix. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a stock 2004 wrx suspention with 18 inch wheels and 225/40/18 on them. No rub at all. His suspention has probabaly softened up due to the older car. If u plan on doing any lowering to it, it should be no problem. IMO
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.