Soon To be 02 Wagon owner

This is a discussion on Soon To be 02 Wagon owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello new forums... Im currently a Toyota Matrix Owner. I have a supercharged auto which is very modded. Ive done ...

Soon To be 02 Wagon owner

Hello new forums... Im currently a Toyota Matrix Owner. I have a supercharged auto which is very modded. Ive done all the work myself and have been teaching myself. A neighbor is selling his 2002 WRX Wagon for 13k and Im gonna pick it up. Car is extremley well kept. Its got 65k miles and is almost flawless (besides some hail damage on the hood). The clutch was replaced because of TSB back at 30k miles and the dealer noted that no wear was show on original clutch... the guy knows how to shift.. The car is Black - havent seen too many in this color. I look forward to customizing this one. Ill prob take it easy for now just to get used to the extra power. Im gonna start by replacing the suspension and wheels. Ive got a lot to learn about this car and hopefully I can get a lot of knowledge from this forum. Ive been using the search function to answer all my questions and will look to other members to help me out. Im big into electronics so I cant wait to create my new plan for this car. Ive kinda maxed out my Matrix in terms of mod options.
    My planned immediate changes to the car are
    • Coilover Suspension
    • 18" wheels
    • New Hood - Does the Wagon hood differ from the sedan?

Here are some pics of my current ride...

Heres a vid with my friend with a TSX -Matrix is not that fast but looks great and is fun to drive after the mods..
    Right Click Save as (WMV)

Later guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. That's a pretty cool Matix, shame it's auto.

I don't see why a wagon hood would be different than the sedan.

Enjoy the WRX, is it an auto or a 5MT?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Oh yea, I forgot to add its a 5speed. Its gonna be my first manual car so Im already starting to learn with a friend. THe Trix would be much better if it was manual. The increase in power makes the auto much more tolorable but not much compensates for a slow auto tranny. Ill miss the SC whine but will have new sounds with the Turbo...

Welcome to the club. Post some pics of the when you get it. Would love to see it...
    Looks are everything...

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Nice lookin' Matrix and congrats on the WRX!!!! Trust me, manual is the best thing that will have ever happened to you!

+1 on posting pics of the wagon asap!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar