New subanewbie
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New subanewbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. I'm Derek. Long story short I used to work at a subaru dealership in central oregon. I did ...

New subanewbie

Hey everyone. I'm Derek.

Long story short I used to work at a subaru dealership in central oregon. I did detail and transport (not the best job in the world at the time, but i moved on), needless to say I fell in love with subarus, however at the time my job didn't warrant enough money to afford one. Now, 5 years later doing much better and also with a new raise at my new job I'm looking at possibly looking for a used STi or a WRX.

So I don't have one yet but am saving at the time and will be taking the plunge after me and my fiance get married this next summer.

I currently own a 1999 ZX2 which is my daily as well as my autocrosser, been a good car and it has a few mods here and there but I have missed being behind the wheel of a subaru, having drove them every day when I worked at a dealership back a while I'm feeling the need to drive it again, not to mention the wonderful winter snow that central oregon brings us here it would be nice to have allwheel drive to commute to work.

I'm definitely looking into modding it once I get it, I've never been able to keep anything stock once I got it, guess I just have the bug, I dunno. First thing first would be suspension, if it can't handle well I have no reason to want to go fast, lol.

Anyway, so here I am, don't mind me, I'll mostly be browsing around and looking through the FAQ and joining in discussion here in there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome good luck on you car search
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for all public forums
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KoiHoshi
    Hey everyone. I'm Derek.

Long story short I used to work at a subaru dealership in central oregon. I did detail and transport (not the best job in the world at the time, but i moved on), needless to say I fell in love with subarus, however at the time my job didn't warrant enough money to afford one. Now, 5 years later doing much better and also with a new raise at my new job I'm looking at possibly looking for a used STi or a WRX.

So I don't have one yet but am saving at the time and will be taking the plunge after me and my fiance get married this next summer.

I currently own a 1999 ZX2 which is my daily as well as my autocrosser, been a good car and it has a few mods here and there but I have missed being behind the wheel of a subaru, having drove them every day when I worked at a dealership back a while I'm feeling the need to drive it again, not to mention the wonderful winter snow that central oregon brings us here it would be nice to have allwheel drive to commute to work.

I'm definitely looking into modding it once I get it, I've never been able to keep anything stock once I got it, guess I just have the bug, I dunno. First thing first would be suspension, if it can't handle well I have no reason to want to go fast, lol.

Anyway, so here I am, don't mind me, I'll mostly be browsing around and looking through the FAQ and joining in discussion here in there.
    You can't go wrong with a WRX or STi. Get one! The sooner the better.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Be
    You can't go wrong with a WRX or STi. Get one! The sooner the better.
    Trust me I'd love to get one really soon but with the wedding coming up and all... I'll have to wait till it's over. But hey I'm providing the wine I made myself for the wedding and it should be aged by then, so thats one less expense for the wedding, HAH!

I'd love to get an STi, it's not the car cost that worries me it's the insurance cost. I'm fully insuring my ZX2 and my Ninja right now, however, my fiance will be taking over the ZX2 once I get the WRX or STi so it'll be the subie and the Ninja. I'm 20 and have a perfect record so it shouldn't be TOO bad, but I haven't called for quotes yet so I won't know till I do.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

and congrats on teh up coming wedding and yer love for scoobies
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Subaru Worldwide/Rallying: facebook.com/groups/subarumad/

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555
    welcome

and congrats on teh up coming wedding and yer love for scoobies
    Thank ya much

Welcome aboard!

Don't let your love for Subies out do your love for your soon to be wife !

Congrats on getting married!

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Congrats on the wedding and we'd, well I'd, no I'll go with "we'd" love to see some pics of the occasion!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

Congrats on the wedding and we'd, well I'd, no I'll go with "we'd" love to see some pics of the occasion!
    lol, nothing out does my love for my fiance. But my ninja is my other other half
    Yeah once we get the knot tied i'll get lots of pics of the wedding i'm excited about it!

Welcome Derek.

Welcome dude
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the up coming wedding...
    Looks are everything...

welcome!
    Dave
    01 RS

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Fellow Oregonian !!!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.