Just saying hi (Evo owner here) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just saying hi (Evo owner here) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bigd Evo clutches blow. Yeah, I spent some time researching the issue and I know exactly what ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    Evo clutches blow.
    Yeah, I spent some time researching the issue and I know exactly what you're saying. But I don't launch or speed-shift the car and I have no mod plans, so at least based on anecdotes the odds are my clutch will be OK for some time. I hope.
    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-30-2006 at 12:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats up Chuck. I have a gvr4, but most of my buddies drive Evos. Heres a pic of his with the lancer wing and his rediculous Ralliart wheels:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ryans evo.jpg  
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

both subaru dealers i went to said they don't let anyone test drive sti's, course they could just be saying that to me because i'm 18, but i didn't even ask about driving one, he just said it when we finished driving the 06 wagon.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Thanks for the photo, bjbrad85; mine should look a lot like that, except I agree, those wheels kinda suck. I had the center pillar removed from my spoiler before they painted it. I hope it turns out OK!

Where's the love?!?!? I love the look of my winged Evo....

The way I see it, as long as you don't act like a ricer the wing is perfectly acceptable. I'm very fond of the wing as far as the complete look of the car. But I like to keep a car the way it looks stock as far wings go. If it has a wing stock, I'll leave it there. If not, then a wing will never grace the trunk.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Also, I think the Mitsu sybol is teh lame.

Much cleaner without it!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Ah, the Evo twin speaks!

I actually like the wing pretty well, but when I showed the car to my wife she said sure, get the car if you want it, but take off that wing! I figured since she was so reasonable about the car, I'd go along with the wing removal, esp. since she's a realtor in this conservative area, who may need to chauffer her clients around in it sometimes. I also have several friends who are militantly anti-rice, and they would give me endless grief about the wing if I left it on, not to mention my in-laws.

Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I didn't relish getting all that grief and ridicule, not to mention attracting the Man. But I suspect I will put it back on sometimes. I have it all nice and snug, wrapped in towels in my garage.
    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-30-2006 at 05:53 PM.

keep the big ugly wing for the track or when you go to a highschool football game but keep it off for the unexpected detruction that you will give to those whom don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    Ah, the Evo twin speaks!

I actually like the wing pretty well, but when I showed the car to my wife she said sure, get the car if you want it, but take off that wing! I figured since she was so reasonable about the car, I'd go along with the wing removal, esp. since she's a realtor in this conservative area, who may need to chauffer her clients around in it sometimes. I also have several friends who are militantly anti-rice, and they would give me endless grief about the wing if I left it on, not to mention my in-laws.

Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I didn't relish getting all that grief and ridicule, not to mention attracting the Man. But I suspect I will put it back on sometimes. I have it all nice and snug, wrapped in towels in my garage.
    Well, all things considered, you DEFINITELY made the best choice as far as wings are concerned. Luckily my better half loves the wing. But if she she were a realtor and their was some off chance she had to drive anyone around in the car in a professional manner then yeah, wings gotta go. It really doesn't say "take me seriously."

As far as military anti-rice friends....what can ya do? I live in a military town and the amount of rice here will blow your socks off. So, if anything is said here, I would have to refer to a certain pot talking to a kettle.

Looking clean!! My girl wanted a red MR, but I just felt like it attracted too much attention from the cops. Otherwise, sexy color!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Thanks for all the good words, all. I really appreciate them!

$25,999 including destination, but NOT including tax or registration, is the best price I have seen for a new RS IX. It is dealer cost, and the Evo Forum people are pretty much in agreement that this is as low as it goes unless you find some unusual deal.

Check out this thread to see the dealer prices for all the models, at South Coast Mitsubishi in Costa Mesa, California. They are famous for offering the lowest prices in the country. Some people from the East Coast even buy South Coast's Evos and have them shipped out there. And South Coast just got a huge new shipment of them. I paid $500 more than their price for my SSL, and bought locally.

Regards,

Eric

This is what I'm doing. Vehicle is already bought, and I'm just waiting for the shipment to arrive in mid-April. I ended up going with a white MR - for this price, who can resist? Even with shipping figured in, it's still thousands less than I could get it for locally, plus I get to get one right off the delivery truck, so no idiots doing drop-clutch test drives.

Excellent.

Update: I met a bunch of friends for lunch today, and parked in a spot, nose in. No wing. After lunch, one of the girls said, "Let's see your new car!" I was reluctant because without the wing, from behind it really looks pretty tame and ... well ... econo-boxy. And these are mostly people who drive SUVs and big sedans and laugh at compact cars. Not car people at all.

I agreed, though, so of course the whole gang follows us over there; like 8 people, including some people I didn't really know.

The whole walk over to the car I'm trying to explain that it's this street-legal rally car, see, and the money all went into the drive train, and it doesn't look like much on the outside, yada yada yada.

We get to the car, and everyone is asking, "You mean this is it? This is your new car?" Meaning, "Man, it looks so cheap." And I'm thinking, yeah, if you don't know what to look for, it doesn't look like much.

I tried to explain some more, but got nowhere so I just laughed and gave up. Then I gave the girl a ride back to her office in it, and she encouraged me to punch it, so I did; gave her a bit of a rush. That was fun.

I don't know why I just told that story except to say, to 99% of the world, a wingless Evo looks just like a basic econono-box, like a Corolla S. And yet when I see one, my heart starts pounding.

And yet when I see one, my heart starts pounding.
    my heart started pounding and i got that feverish feeling just from reading that sentence and remembering last night when i rolled by an evo. you speak profoundly.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes

Cool. Glad someone appreciated the story.

i love my friends. the guys are like "dude thats a sick wagon." and the girls are like, "no way that's the station wagon you were talking about? that thing is sex."
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes

That is a sweet wagon. My brother has the same color and nose style, but different wheels. Great ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.