Just saying hi (Evo owner here) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just saying hi (Evo owner here) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; welcome to the club. I too will be an evo 9 owner soon....

welcome to the club. I too will be an evo 9 owner soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice car Chuck, but with a name like that, you really should have an avatar of the man
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chuck_Norris.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

how much are evo rs 8's going for? i heard you can get them 24k brand new otd?
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05

I think at this point you'd be hard pressed to find someone that still had new VIII's. . .I doubt you could pick one up with TTL for 24 OTD.

chuck? looks awesome wingless. keep it that way. very stealth.

Very nice cars. Bada$ss evo.

damn you evo looks awesome man +1 on keeping it wingless
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Thanks for all the good words, all. I really appreciate them!

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    $25,999 including destination, but NOT including tax or registration, is the best price I have seen for a new RS IX. It is dealer cost, and the Evo Forum people are pretty much in agreement that this is as low as it goes unless you find some unusual deal.

Check out this thread to see the dealer prices for all the models, at South Coast Mitsubishi in Costa Mesa, California. They are famous for offering the lowest prices in the country. Some people from the East Coast even buy South Coast's Evos and have them shipped out there. And South Coast just got a huge new shipment of them. I paid $500 more than their price for my SSL, and bought locally.

Regards,

Eric

Ahhh Chuck. I always knew you had a dark side...

Welcome!
    I also own an Evo IX, mine is a GG MR. I've had mine for about 2 months and have already put 3k miles on it. I also plan to go wingless at some point soon, but intend on keeping it reinstallable for track days. I'll probably cover the holes with small round vinyl matched color "stickers".

We've got quite a few Evo owners here. I am "Wheelhaus" on EvolutionM.net and a few other forums. Let me know if I can be of help.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    Nice car Chuck, but with a name like that, you really should have an avatar of the man
    You're absolutely right; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    Ahhh Chuck. I always knew you had a dark side...

Welcome!
    Cool; thanks!! Yeah, I'm Rod Munch over there; just joined a few weeks ago. I must say, the people over here seem a little, er, brighter, just on average.

I have black rubber covers (hardware store stick-on appliance feet) on my wing holes, and I plan to keep the wing around for ... special occasions. For the moment, I may hang it up in my office somehow.

I'm just finishing up my break-in period, and have put the hammer down a few times just to feel what's awaiting me. Holy God, but this thing hauls, um, booty. I feel like I'm on a skyrocket!

As for my dark side, well, let me just say that that big Indian dude on Walker, Texas Ranger, has all sorts of hidden talents, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-30-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Love it... regardless of whether it has stock wing, Lancer wing or no wing! Nice choice, good luck with her.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Welcome aboard. I'm a fellow Evo9 owner myself and the wingless look is still growing in me, but the inner ricer in me likes the wing better lol. I guess I might take it off if I see an increase in my traps at the dragstrip without it.

Whatever you do, don't ride or drive a modified Evo as you will never look back to stock and void your warranty.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Yeah; I would rather not be tempted by a modified Evo. Mine's only about two weeks old now, not even broken in yet, and I don't want to go there.

Thing is, I have been modifying Miatas for 15 years now, and those little buzzbombs cry out for upgrades: They thrive on turbos, intercoolers, fuel rails, beefy clutches, lightweight flywheels, suspension, brakes, etc. But the Evo already comes with all that stuff! I mean, yes, sure, I could easily make it a lot faster, but it's already a rocket ship, right out of the box!

But, again, I don't even want to be tempted, so I'll try to stay clear of modded ones.

Correction: Evo clutches blow.
    I'll be purchasing an aftermarket unit this summer and letting it fester until it's needed.

The OEM clutch is designed as the weak point, so all those fools who don't know how to launch properly and just do high-rpm clutch-drops don't break the more expensive stuff that happens after the clutch, the stuff that sees all that shock load.. (Transfer case, front doff, rear diff, etc..)
    Dave
    01 RS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.