Just saying hi (Evo owner here) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just saying hi (Evo owner here) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks, you guys. I will post some pix once I get that emasculated wing on. (But seriously, I think it ...

Thanks, you guys. I will post some pix once I get that emasculated wing on. (But seriously, I think it will look good.)

And yeah; it's a concession to the spouse, but she lets me get a way with a lot of shyte (including getting the Evo in the first place), so it's the least I can do ...

Man, we went out to a nice dinner tonight; everything was perfect and it had been a long time since we'd left the kids at home ... the cherry on top was the valet parkers ... they just freaking loved the car, and didn't even go out and race it (I noted the odo reading). Nice guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, I'm a fellow evo owner.

That lancer wing appears to have the middle studs cut out and then been filled & smoothed. .

Any plans for the lancer? I see AL's flashing for next to nothing right now. YOu may have to sign up over at buschurforums to get that though.
    Brian

Thanks. I am having Spoiler Depot remove the center pillar and fill it, then paint the spoiler for me. Here's how it looks now.

No plans for mods or flashes. Only had it two weeks. Liken' it just fine as is, for the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_6377 (Medium).JPG   DSC_6382 (Medium).JPG  

cool, IMO wingless evo's are hot. I've got my wing off but I've just got the holes plugged. I can't justify spending money on that because I'll want those holes back in the event that I sell the car but I dont' want the attention from the wing. . . oh decisions.

It looks awesome wingless. Post pics with the new spoiler when it arrives.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

The new RS in red is very hot. Great pictures!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Thanks, all! I should have that new spoiler in the next week or so. Last night I put a stubby Perrin antenna on the car. I also have a red "vortex generator" (shark fin thingy on the roof) in transit. So it should be butched up a bit by the next time I lens it. Stand by!

Sweet Evo dude!!!!
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Thanks!

BTW, yesterday evening as I left work, I saw a car with HIDs come booking toward me in opposing traffic. Before it got close enough to identify I could just tell that the car was a monster, cutting through traffic like butter.

As it got closer I saw it was an STi. Waved at the guy. Not sure he noticed.
    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-29-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    Thanks!

BTW, yesterday evening as I left work, I saw a car with HIDs come booking toward me in opposing traffic. Before it got close enough to identifyI could just tell that the car was a monster, cutting through traffic like butter.

As it got closer I saw it was an STi. Waved at the guy. Not sure he noticed.
    I wave to evo's, have a 05' wrx with no wing, just looks different. Most are friendly and wave back but some might not be fast enough, don't take it as unfriendly. I used to think that Evo's were not to kind to Subies but over time i've seen some nice owner that show respect and i give back. They get a thumbs up in my book.

Welcome-

Thanks! Yeah, as I think I said waaaaay back in this thread, my brother has a WRX wagon. I was primarily the one who convinced him to get it, and since then I've helped him with some mods. I have also driven it several times. And before I got this Evo, I test drove several WRXs and a Legacy GT. Plus, I joined this board for kicks. So, I'm a WRX fan; no doubt about it. But I chose the Evo, perhaps just to be different.

god that is a beautiful car.

Thanks!!! I think so, but it's amazing how many people look right past it, especially now that there's no wing on it (temporarily).

I didn't really want my in-laws teasing me about getting such an outrageous car, so I waited until I removed the wing before showing it to them. My father in law (an architect who just turned 70 and beats on his old cars) was completely fooled. He saw it from the back, so he didn't really see the hood or mouth, and said, "This is exactly what I need; just a good, basic economy car." I said, "Yeah; that's true. You should get one."

[QUOTE=Chuck Norris]Thanks!!! I think so, but it's amazing how many people look right past it, especially now that there's no wing on it (temporarily).

I actually like the Evo without a wing much better than the WRX or STi without a wing. The rear end of the WRX needs a wing IMO. The EVO looks just fine and finished w/o the wing.

I'm not in a hurry to give up on Subaru though. The Evo looks like a good second choice.

Enjoy!!!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

lmao! i love the tame look. Still has some bite to it but looks tame and not so threatening, just clean, sleek and ready to go. Good stuff There is a guy around here floating around with a white sti and removed the wing and put a stock wing on it from a regular wrx (friend of a friend...) so it looks stock. Just loves to go driving it around, racing it and having people go "WOW I didn't realize those cars were so fast stock!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast