Newbie with asthetic question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie with asthetic question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, great forum. Just about to take ownership of my '04 wrx wagon and wanted to get some opinions ...

Newbie with asthetic question

Hey guys, great forum. Just about to take ownership of my '04 wrx wagon and wanted to get some opinions regarding wheel color. The car is red and i'm looking at getting some 17" Rota Torque's but can't decide on which color wheel to go with. Right now i'm thinking the straightforward steel, but maybe bronze would look better? Also has this wheel proven to be pretty durable? Not planning to race or auto-x anytime soon, just more a fun daily driver. Any opinions welcome. Not the most exciting question I know, but i'm just getting started with the mods. I'll have more technical questions later...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go bronze. It complements that color so much. Go wagon owners!!

In my opinion steel grey and gun metal look the best with red. Congratulations on your new sube and welcome to the club.

everyones gonna have their own opinion, none is really better than the other, I mean its a subie right? thats all that matters anyway, with that said I would go with the bronze. I think the red and blue are the only colors that can pull that off well. Congrats on your new purchase man.
    Ian
    2000 2.5 Rs-T @ 6psi
    Enkei-KYB-H&R-Perrin-Walbro-Falken
    STi-Greddy-Momo-IPD-Seibon-PP6
    Kartboy-Apexi-Borla-Autometer-Toyo
    ... you get the idea ...

bronze on that red would look HOT!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

I suggest you photochop your car with the different color wheel options and post them up. Then set up a poll and hear tons of opinions! Really it comes down to what you personally like, but it's fun to photochop your own car anyway.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Great idea Speedette! When I get the car in the next couple weeks I'll do exactly that. You guys rock, I have a feeling I'm not going to regret buying this car, especially with such an active, knowledgeable group to bounce stuff like this off of. This is gonna be a fun summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rakimisay
    The car is red and i'm looking at getting some 17" Rota Torque's but can't decide on which color wheel to go with. Right now i'm thinking the straightforward steel, but maybe bronze would look better? Also has this wheel proven to be pretty durable?
    Welcome to the club...

As for the color, you should really sit on that one and decide. Hate to see that we give you a suggestion and you follow through and only to relize later that you don't like it. Do what Speedette said, that should really help you decide. As for the Rota rims, I have a set myself. So far I have not had any problems with them. I had them for a year now and loving the looks of it. I got the Rota G Force in Gunmetal.
    Looks are everything...

red on bronze FTW
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Bronze all the way!!!!
    -Jordon
    New EnglandF4
    EJ257/18G 365hp/355trq

If you go to http://tirerack.com and look in the wheels catagory they have a feature where you can choose your year, make, model, body style and color of your car and superimpose different wheel on it. It's really cool.

I vote for bronze if you want the most visual impact, others are more understated. Black always looks really badass. I have a red wagon but I just bought it so I haven't made that very fun decision yet.

Bronze for sure. My second choice would be g un metal for a mean look.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

i like gold b/c it looks good on WRX's and good with your color too. plus, our cars are one of the few that can actually pull off gold wheels well
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Just an update, took delivery of the car at midnight last night. Had it shipped unseen (except for pics) and undriven by me from MA to TN. Luckily the mechanic that i had check it out was an honest guy 'cause this car did not disappoint as I ripped around the neighborhood at 1am. Damn that things a sleeper. I'll get some pics posted up soon, even though it's a rock stock red wagon, it's MY rock stock red wagon. Mods to come, I'll keep you posted as I go along.

congrats everything arrived in one piece
    2000 2.5 Rs-T @ 6psi
    Enkei-KYB-H&R-Perrin-Walbro-Falken
    STi-Greddy-Momo-IPD-Seibon-PP6
    Kartboy-Apexi-Borla-Autometer-Toyo
    ... you get the idea ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast