I am totally new!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on I am totally new! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey pplz, first post here, i havent gotten my WRX yet but hopefully will be picking up an 02-03 wrx ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Loomis, CA
    Posts
    8

    I am totally new!

    hey pplz, first post here, i havent gotten my WRX yet but hopefully will be picking up an 02-03 wrx depending on what i can find for how much cash i got. is there anything i should look out for/listen for b4 buying one??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User rr1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SiX
    hey pplz, first post here, i havent gotten my WRX yet but hopefully will be picking up an 02-03 wrx depending on what i can find for how much cash i got. is there anything i should look out for/listen for b4 buying one??
    drive the F#*k out of it,, if it hold up get it
    u getting stick or auto ?

  4. #3
    Registered User UofAWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,123
    check for any mods is always a good place to look for, if he has taken it back to stock ask him/her if there were any mods done

    major things to look for
    Cold air intake- thats a big no no on our stock cars
    Manual boost controler-thats a big no no on our stock cars
    Blow off valve-thats a big no no on our stock cars

    btw get a bugeye 02-03 they are the sexiest
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

    Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Loomis, CA
    Posts
    8
    yea i am looking at a bug eyed one i like those best. dont hte cras already have blow off valves anyways just not ones that go PPPSSHHHHH and hyw are those no nos?

    i am ognna get a stick cuz i am a man, and men drive cars that u shift.

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SiX
    yea i am looking at a bug eyed one i like those best. dont hte cras already have blow off valves anyways just not ones that go PPPSSHHHHH and hyw are those no nos?

    i am ognna get a stick cuz i am a man, and men drive cars that u shift.
    were you drunk when u made that post?

    well anyway...

    probably the most important thing to watch out for on the 02-03 is the tranny. 02's are known to have weak transmissions and some of the early 03's. check to see how smoothly you can go through the gears.

    if it's high mileage, get a compression/leakdown test

    as always, get a carfax vehicle history report

    like someone else stated, be cautious if the car has ever touched a BOV, MBC, or intake
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

  7. #6
    Registered User TOOFAST88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Champaign/Buffalo Grove, IL
    Posts
    5,377
    Welcome to the club meng
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

  8. #7
    Registered User UofAWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,123
    yes the car does have a stock one, its the aftermarket ones that i was refering too, kinda like the CAI

    sry CAI cold air intake
    Last edited by UofAWRX; 03-21-2006 at 09:39 PM.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

    Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Loomis, CA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by jlagace
    were you drunk when u made that post?

    well anyway...

    probably the most important thing to watch out for on the 02-03 is the tranny. 02's are known to have weak transmissions and some of the early 03's. check to see how smoothly you can go through the gears.

    if it's high mileage, get a compression/leakdown test

    as always, get a carfax vehicle history report

    like someone else stated, be cautious if the car has ever touched a BOV, MBC, or intake
    na im not drunk i just think faster than i can type and forget to read over my posts b4 posting,

    u say watch out for cold air manuel boost control and blow off but WHY?

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Loomis, CA
    Posts
    8
    and how weak ofa tranny are we talking?? i am gonna be ona budget as i am only 19, i dont plan on racing it a hole lot, maybe street legals like once or something, i will definatly drive the car, but it will maily be a transporter to skool/work might get like a sick sounding exhaust and than maybe a lil more once i get older and get a good job and a second vehicle.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Loomis, CA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAWRX
    yes the car does have a stock one, its the aftermarket ones that i was refering too, kinda like the CIA
    CIA?? man i am new.
    I Like to Eat, Eat, Eat Apples and Bananas!

  12. #11

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

    Here, I suggest you read this:
    The "Good first mods" sticky

    And this: BOV FAQ

    And this: Intake FAQ

    And if there's still time, this:FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  13. #12

    Princess Moderator

    03WRX_YELLOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Gresham, Oregon
    Posts
    14,843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

    Here, I suggest you read this:
    The "Good first mods" sticky

    And this: BOV FAQ

    And this: Intake FAQ

    And if there's still time, this:FAQs from NASIOC.
    What she said !! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Welcome to the club !!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

    BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

  14. #13
    Registered User Kush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    1,369
    Welcome!

    Please search before asking questions about the following items, as we have exceeded our nightly quota of related threads:

    Blow off valves, Boost controllers (manual or electronic) and Cold air intakes.

    Thank you for your cooperation
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

    DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waukesha WI
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAWRX
    btw get a bugeye 02-03 they are the sexiest
    +1
    Just watch the trannies on the 02 especially repeating what sombody alreay said

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Loomis, CA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Newks
    +1
    Just watch the trannies on the 02 especially repeating what sombody alreay said
    so than i should go for an 03?
    I Like to Eat, Eat, Eat Apples and Bananas!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •