Cobb Accessport
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb Accessport within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently purchased a 2017 WRX and am very happy. But I was looking at a little performance boost so ...

Cobb Accessport

I recently purchased a 2017 WRX and am very happy. But I was looking at a little performance boost so I got the accessport. I was told by the shop that it would result in about a 25 hp gain. I installed a 91 octane map and the difference wasn't that perceptible (the car was stock without any other mods at this point). Is there another setting that I can look at? Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    25hp sounds about right, and that might not be a big enough difference to notice. Some people even say the car feels slower after flashing the stage 1 map because the throttle mapping is more linear. The way the car comes from the factory the throttle is set up in a way that kind of makes it feel faster than it really is.. I don't know the exact ratios, but it's like when you press the throttle 10% of the way down it actually gives the car 30% throttle, so it feels faster. With the Cobb map 10% is more equal to 10%. If you ran the car wide open throttle on a track it would be faster now with the stage one tune, but again, an additional 25hp at the crank might not be enough to really feel the difference.

Of course if you have e10 93 octane fuel readily available you can use that map and get a little more out of... otherwise I would look into getting an aftermarket downpipe and maybe even a protune if you're wanting more power.

Thank you, that makes some sense and makes me feel better about my purchase.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.