hey new member here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on hey new member here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; https://youtu.be/d9yZ0_saBzk Dyno run video 305 hp/311tq @18psi 93 octane Hey im new to this forum. Im still not sure if ...

hey new member here

https://youtu.be/d9yZ0_saBzk
    Dyno run video 305 hp/311tq @18psi 93 octane

Hey im new to this forum. Im still not sure if i want to keep modding my 2010 wrx or trade for a new sti, but i figured id share what i have going on and maybe get some opinions down the line.

2010 wrx sedan
    Stock turbo(ported and polished wastegate) to control overboosting
    Cobb ebcs
    Cobb turbo inlet
    Cobb sf intake plus cold air box
    Perrin throttle body inlet
    Invidia catted downpipe(ported and polished )
    Q300 catback with resonator removed
    Cobb ap v3 with custom tune by andy brahy @rt tuning in se pa
    Whiteline rear swaybar 22mm with endlinks and swaybar lockdown kit
    Perrin trans mount
    Perrin radiator cover
    Last edited by ragalyi86; 05-18-2017 at 10:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Clubwrx!!! Would love to see some pictures! And your profile says southern central PA. Where abouts? Im like 15 minutes from the PA border in Md.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    2012 WRB STi Limited Sedan
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Retired and traded.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...sti-build.html <---- My STi build thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My WRX build thread

Saxton pa. Its about 30 minutes from altoona. Im from se pa so my car was tuned at rt tuning. Looks like the closest shop to me is tpg. Idk anything about them though. Im looking at doing headers, ewg, and a billet vf52 modified, 750(ish) injectors, and a dw pump. Ill def need a shop for the tune once i get that far. Might be next tax return. Or ill trade for a new sti. Not sure yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Im about an hour from Altoona. Look into IAG performance in Wesminster Md. That's where I go and they are excellent. Should only be a couple hours from you.

And if I were you, I would just upgrade your turbo to a 20G. As even a modded vf52 will still keep you limited the lower-mid 300whp range with pump gas. As far as exhaust manifolds (headers) go, I would highly suggest getting a equal length manifold. And for injectors I would go with the ID1050x's and a larger fuel pump.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Wont go equal length. I like the rumble too much lol. And wouldnt a 20g give me more lag? My ported vf already flows better but gives more lag. Idk im torn. It is my daily driver

I want to break 350hp, but with a wide powerband.

Keep it. No reason to sell it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ragalyi86 View Post
    I want to break 350hp, but with a wide powerband.
    You want a better powerband, more power. Sorry, but the UELH needs to go. Granted, there is no quantifying "wide powerband," but typically "more power" and "wider powerband" do not belong in the same sentence. Unless you are talking about ELH. It's really the only modification (save for the downpipe) that will add torque everywhere in the powerband with virtually no downside. Keep in mind it is a design weakness from the factory.

If you want an ultra-wide powerband, the low mount turbo is really the way to go. That's evidenced by the new FA20F motor and the type of torque curve produced by a 2L motor.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

....either way my ported vf52 needs to go. Its cracked at the wastegate port. I just dont want huge lag, or a powerband that starts at 5k. Right now boost hits 18psi around 3500 then drops off around 6k. It felt better before the boost creep issues and the port job on the turbo.

Also i hear the pistons/ trans cant handle past 350whp anyway so thats my goal give or take. Im not rich enough for a built motor

I can't recommend a specific turbo, but equal length headers and a twin scroll turbo should help give you a stronger wider powerband.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

I Support ClubWRX
    The 20G really isn't a huge turbo. Although it will push the powerband back some, the turbo lag is not much worse than the stock vf52. A 20G would move the powerband back by a few hundred rpms, but hold power pretty much entirely through the rest of the rpms range as opposed to the vf52 that dies shortly after 5k rpms.

And like the others said, a el manifold is the way to go if you want what you are looking for.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

ELH
    Or he is rolling down the street in his new slammed ride vaping out the window, enjoying the tow truck ride. - XJman

2017 ISM Impreza 5MT Hatchback Sport
    2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune (Sold)

Journal-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Home of the blues, the Blues, and the real life blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragalyi86 View Post
    Wont go equal length. I like the rumble too much lol.
    You're a fool just like me, sir. I love the rumble.

As for keeping it vs. selling it, I vote keep it. The STI is just a somewhat better version of your WRX, but it may not be different enough to make the change. Wait until a new generation with a new motor comes out.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    Wait until a new generation with a new motor comes out.
    But wait! We already established that the "rumble" is a requirement. Subaru wouldn't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. Or would people be stupid enough to buy a car based on how it sounds? Maybe Subaru likes money? WHO'S RIGHT HERE?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

It seems to be an ongoing debate right now whether uel or elh, but i dont see any proof of one being drastically better than the other. Kind of reminds me of the dilema of whether to go catted or catless. I listened to everyone else and went catted because i was told it would prevent overboost. Well i had it anyway and had to port out the turbo(for lack of cash to get ewg) to fix it then pay for a retune. Now i want to go catless anyway because i am emissions exempt out here in the boonies. Point being its all personal preference but i may consider elh when the time comes

My dilema was more whether its worth doing in the first place or if i should trade it up for an sti in a year or two(also depending on the 2020 sti updates) shes getting old, rusted, faded, chipped paint, trans blew once, firewall cracked/fixed, clutch linkage failure, bearing whine, suspension wear, steering gear failure, etc etc etc. Its seen alot lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.